Chapter 5

In the morning, Loki woke up finding himself having fallen asleep on an armchair. He gruntled as we scrubbed his face. He blinked as he took in the room he was in; it wasn't a bad room, but he wouldn't be staying here, no sir.

Loki got up off the chair and his stomach rumbled. Damn, he was hungry. He sighed, annoyed by himself. Using magic, he put on a pair of silk green pajamas and left the room, trying to find some place for food. He followed the sounds of a kettle and a pan, and saw the doorway to the kitchen.

Loki went in and stopped in the doorway, leaning against the frame as he quietly watched his unappreciated host working to put together ingredients to make some breakfast. Loki smirked as ideas came to him how he could get an early release.

While Stephen was hovering over the pan, Loki made the flames of the stove turn into fire tentacles that lashed out at the sorcerer. Stephen only chuckled and used a counter spell to tame the monster and smacked the pan back on the burner to continue cooking. He reached for the eggs to add to the dish, and cracked the shell to drop goops of snails instead. Stephen didn't bother tossing the meal and continued cooking as he normally would.

He took his breakfast to the kitchen table and sat down to eat. The seat of the chair bit him in half and Stephen continued eating with no concern.

Loki with getting frustrated with his failed attempts to kill Strange. He stormed in with a simple old blade in hand to put an end to his host himself. As he stepped closer, the cape caught his foot and Loki almost tumbled as Stephen turned around and wrapped magical strings around Loki's throat as the Asgardian held the knife to Strange's neck.

"Well, for all of this, you can make your breakfast yourself," Stephen smirked and pushed off his victim, vanquishing the ropes.

"Try not to burn your slugs," he quipped on his way out of the kitchen.

As Loki stood watching his host leave, the fire tentacles roared again and the eggs in the carton all hatched, spilling slugs on the floor as the hungry chair ran biting after Loki. He squealed and quickly made the chair freeze in its chase. The pan on the stove flew off the fire and landed on his head.

Loki roared and a spell of freeze exploded around him, freezing time to a still. He heaved heavily in anger before calming himself down. He put on a cool face and used his magic to reverse his original spells. Breakfast was a fail. No big deal. He'd try again every meal, every chance, of every day he was here till the sorcerer would have no choice but to release him for his own sanity.