Chapter 4

"You can't keep me here forever, you know," Loki shot off as soon as they were at the other end of the portal.

"I could stick you in a pocket dimension and you'd be none the wiser. I suggest you start getting used to the situation at hand."

Loki planned to say something, but seeing as Strange wasn't taking the bait, he gave up.

"I won't be staying in a prison cell," Loki bargained with his arms crossed, following his host around.

"We're not savages," Strange winked at him, "we have guest rooms."

"And... and I'm not your servant. I won't be doing you any favors while I'm here."

Strange finally turned to Loki with a pursed smile. "Hmm, here I thought I was being a gracious host. That's fine. Oh, and you'll be looking after yourself, your highness. Help yourself around, get familiar with the place. You'll be here a while."

And with that, he was gone.

Loki slammed the door behind him and turned to face the room. He screamed a storm between his hands, crushing his frustrations in a cloud of spells. He went in further and fell face forward onto the bed, straight as a tree.

Stephen walked away from the guest room, heading towards the parlor. Levi met him just before he sat down, handing him a mug of tea. Stephen sat down, staring at the fire as he reminisced about a few things.

He thought over today's events. Someone had to be stoic enough to make possible necessary evil. Sometimes you had to have the courage to be the asshole. Sure, he'd 'abducted' Loki, but it was for everyone's benefit. And maybe, staying the sanctum would be good for Loki too.

Stephen couldn't help feeling sorry for the guy. He did the math and figured Loki was just a kid, who had been abandoned by his older brother. Stephen thought about his own brother, and imagined how hurt he would feel if Victor hurt him like that. Of course, brothers fought, but they eventually made up. Stephen smiled as he thought of an idea of how to make tomorrow better.