Chapter 1

"I swear I left him right here."

Loki stood with his arms crossed beside his brother, looking at the old people's home that was now rubble.

"What? Right here on the sidewalk, or right where the building is being demolished? Great planning," Thor said sarcastically.

"It's not my fault. I can't see into the future. I'm not a witch," Loki said defensively.

"No? Then why did you dress like one?" Thor asked and Loki frowned, looking down at the suit he was wearing, then back at Thor, annoyed.

"Hey!" he mumbled in defense of his outfit.

"I can't believe you're alive!" Thor said looking at Loki, trying to obviously contain his rage. "I saw you die. I mourned for you. I cried for you!"

"I'm...honored?" Loki asked uncertainly.

"Ask him. Ask him!"

Two women went up to Thor excitedly. "Hi, could we take a picture with you?" One of them asked, looking hopeful.

Loki rolled his eyes, with a look that said, I-am-so-fucking-done-with-you-right-now.

"Oh yes, of course," Thor said, giving them a smile as the girls giggled excitedly. "Start figuring out where he is," he told Loki, before posing for the picture.

The girls took the picture and just before walking off, one of the girls gave Thor a sad look. "Sorry Jane dumped you," she said before going after her friend.

Thor frowned after her. He glanced at Loki who raised an eyebrow. "She didn't dump me. I dumped her! It...it was a mutual dumping!"

Loki tried not to laugh as he gave Thor a pat on the back.

Suddenly, a gold ring appeared around Loki's feet.

"What is this? W-what are you doing?" Thor asked, alarmed.

Loki looked up at him. "This isn't me."

He then yelped as the ring of gold turned to a portal and he fell through.

Thor stepped back in surprise, before seeing a piece of paper on the ground. He cautiously approached it. "Loki?" He whispered.

The paper didn't answer.

Thor poked it with his umbrella but it still didn't move, so he went and picked it up before seeing an address on it.

...

Loki screamed bloody murder as he fell out of the portal that had consumed him. The wind was knocked out of him as he landed flat on his stomach.

He snapped his head up, the hair flicking out of his face to show his anger. "I have been falling...for thirty minutes!" Loki yelled furiously, a dangerous fire in his eyes.

"You can handle him," an unfamiliar voice said.

"Yes, of course. Thank you."

That was Thor's voice.

"Good luck," the unfamiliar voice said.

Loki pushed himself from the hard floor beneath him, standing a little unsteadily. "Handle me?" he said, his voice strained as he tried not to yell again, wanting to seem calm and collected.

Loki turned, trying to be intimidating but it fell short when he saw the unfamiliar man standing beside his brother.

He was tall, as tall as Loki himself. His hair was black like Loki's, but with streaks of white near the man's temples that seemed to have been done that way on purpose, and was a lot shorter.

The man's outfit was almost as unnatural looking as Loki's normal Asgardian attire, only, it was blue rather than green, and the man had a red cape around his shoulders and what seemed to be a necklace shaped like a closed eye. If Loki didn't know better, he'd say the man looked like a mage.

"Who are you?" Loki asked before he could stop himself. Then quickly, trying to keep his facade of intimidation, Loki growled at him summoning two daggers to each of his hands and took a fighting stance. He tried to ignore how fast his heart had started to race.

"Loki," Thor warned him, but said man wasn't listening, too busy giving the other man a death glare.

"You think you're some kind of sorcerer?" Loki asked, faking disbelief though he could feel the power from the other man. However, he didn't let this show. "Don't think for one minute you second rate-"

"Alright, bye bye," the man cut across him.

Loki went to attack him but was again transported through another portal for the second time that day. He again fell to the ground that was now grass and growled, really pissed now.

He didn't know it then, but he had just met the first person he'd ever fall in love with.