Chapter 3

Loki was beyond the point of shock (though so were the Avengers, besides his oaf of a Brother) as the very man he'd been thinking of a few moments ago just suddenly appeared in front of him.

After the initial shock, the feelings turned to rage. How dare that mortal show his annoyingly handsome face in his presence after humiliating him!

Obviously there was that annoying flutter of butterflies, but Loki tried not to think about the meaning behind it.

Tony was the first to speak. "Are you selling tickets or something?" He asked sarcastically.

Strange looked at him with a confused expression before spotting Loki, who was most definitely not cowering behind Thor. "Loki Laufeyson."

Loki's heart did a flip. Strange knew his name?! Not that it mattered of course. Why would he care?! Not that he did. No, of course not!

Loki straightened his posture, stepping out behind Thor. "That's King Loki to you."

Tony scoffed. "We literally wiped the floor with your ass less than a year ago."

Loki gritted his teeth, restraining himself from throwing Tony out the window.

"At any rate," Strange interrupted, which made Loki glare, "I have come to discuss an agreement between Mr. Thunder and I."

Thor frowned. "Agreement?"

Tony leaned in to Steve; "hehe, Mr. T."

Steve managed a quiet chuckle and shook Tony off.

Strange nodded. "Concerning your father and Loki."

Thor winced as if remembering something he'd rather forget.

"What is this?" Loki asked, glancing between Strange and Thor. "What agreement?"

Strange answered, even though Loki was looking at Thor. "Your brother-"

"He is not my brother."

"-agreed that if I told him where your father was-"

"He is not my father."

"-then you would both leave Earth and not come back." Strange finished as if he hadn't been continuously interrupted by Loki.

Loki turned to glare at Thor. "You agreed to this?!"

Thor frowned. "I'm not sure why you're so upset, Loki. After you attacked New York, I didn't believe there would ever be a reason for you to return to Midgard."

"I- you-you can't just-" Loki was so furious, mostly because Thor was right.

"I'm terribly sorry," Thor said to Strange, "our home is no longer and we needed a place to live."

"Be that as it may, we had an agreement. Now you have to uphold your end of the bargain," Strange said, unsympathetically.

Loki felt a sense of foreboding. What exactly had Thor promised?

Thor shifted uncomfortably. "Can't you reconsider?"

Strange shook his head. "I cannot. But I do promise you can visit."

"Visit?" Loki asked. "I don't know what my brother told you, but I am not going anywhere."

"I'm afraid you are," Strange told him calmly and Loki glared, "anything you require, I suggest you get now."

"Hold up a sec," Tony suddenly said, "not that I want Loki to trash my Tower again while he's here, but why the hell should we let you take him?"

"Because it was part of the agreement," Strange said simply.

Tony frowned then shrugged. "Whatever. I can't be bothered with all this magical shit. Imma get coffee."

Strange raised an eyebrow as the genius walked off. "As I was saying, you will need to come with me."

"The Helhiem I am!" Loki growled.

"Brother," Thor said with a sigh, "it's probably for the best."

"You are not my brother! Not now, not ever!" Loki hissed with a venom even he didn't think was possible.

Thor stepped back, a hurt look flashing across his face that made Loki feel a teensy bit guilty.

"Whether you like Thor as your brother or not, you will come with me now," Strange said and made a portal, gesturing for Loki to step through it.

Loki looked around. Nobody said anything in his defense. Why would they? They all hated him!

And besides, living with this man might be a good idea. If he played his cards right, then he could always just stab the wizard and get away while he was injured.

Or maybe he could do more than just injure him. He'd killed before. What did he care for another pathetic mortal? Maybe if he did, these strange feelings he'd developed would vanish.

"Fine," he said to the surprise to the others around him.

Thor looked suspicious. Loki usually never agreed to something he didn't want to do so quickly, or ever for that matter; unless there was something in it for him. But he didn't see what that could be so he didn't object as Loki stepped towards the portal.

Loki swallowed as he glanced back, half hoping someone would object. But of course, no one did. He faced back to the portal and after a slight hesitation, he forced himself onward, stepping through the ring, Strange only a few steps behind him.