Homecoming 15

After giving his suit back, Peter goes back to his apartment, slowly walking through the halls. He gets to the door and just before he knocks, he looks down at his pink Hello Kitty pajama pants and the oversized tourist t-shirt Tony made him trade-in for the suit. His fist falls on the door and May runs to the door and quickly opens it.

"Hey" Peter whispers. May just inhales and storms inside, ahead of Peter.

"I've been calling you all day. You didn't answer your phone. You cant do that. Then this ferry thing happens." May scolds, Peter walks up to her and stands next to her as she rants. "Five. I called five of your friends"

"I'm fine."

"I called Ned's mother. I called Ruby and Happy."

"May. I'm okay. Honestly. Just relax. I'm fine." She fixes her posture and looks straight at Peter.

"Cut the bullshit. I know something's up. Peter, you have to tell me what's going on. Just lay it out. It's just me and you." Peter falls into the seat behind him and looks up at May with tear-filled eyes.

"Stark made me turn in my suit."

"What?"

"Yeah."

"What happened?" May asks, sitting down next to him.

"I just thought that I could work really hard and he could, he would, you know. But I screwed it up." May watches as a tear falls.

"Oh...It's okay, it's okay." She says, pulling him into a hug and stroking his arm.

"I'm sorry I made you worry."

"You know I'm not trying to ruin your life."

"Yeah, I know." Just then, the door swings open and ruby walks in. She looks exhausted and defeated. Peter looks over and makes eye contact with her. They both look disgusted at each other and he just stands up and storms to his room. Ruby closes the door and leans against it.

"And where have you been?"

"I was staying with Tony." Ruby mumbles. May looks at her and tilts her head. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was leaving or where I was going. I just kind of decided to go on a whim. I needed... answers."

"I'm so tired of dealing with you kids," May says, putting her head in her hands.

"We're not kids," Ruby says, correcting her as she sets her packed bag on the couch.

"That's the thing. I shouldn't have to deal with you and I shouldn't have to put up with this because you're not kids. You're both adults and you're going to have to start acting like it.

Ruby and May just sit down on the couch next to each other in silence for a few minutes. "So did you know what happened with Peter?" May eventually asks

"I was there." May looks up at Ruby, "In a way, it was my fault." Ruby says, starting to pick at the hole in her jeans.

"What?"

"I fucked up," Ruby mumbles, making eye contact with May.

Peter puts his ear to the door and listens as May comforts Ruby the same way she was comforting him. He stands up and starts picking at things on his desk. All of the tools to fix his web-shooters. The cord that links his suit to his computer and he dumps them all in the trash. He looks at his nightstand where the tracking orb is sitting and picks it up, watching the frozen location. Then he looks up to the top bunk and starts to take Ruby's things off the bed. He throws the jacket and her mask on the floor next to his desk and door.

May and Ruby look up and over at his door when they hear him throwing things around. Ruby sighs, getting up to check on him. She's almost holding her breath as she sets her bag down and touches the door knob. She get's a flashback to the day before when Tony grabbed her wrist before she could walk out. She takes a deep breath and opens the door.