Becoming Dust 6

I rush outside and the men follow me, looking at everything flying around and cars crashing.

"Oh my god," I say, bringing my hands to my side and looking up in awe.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y., what am I looking at?" Tony asks, putting on his sunglasses, "Hey! You might wanna put that Time Stone in your back pocket, Doc!" He yells

"We might wanna use it." He yells back, opening up the Eye of Agamotto.

I turn the corner and look up to see a huge circular ship floating just above Bleeker street. Tony yells evac instructions to F.R.I.D.A.Y. and Strange stops the ship's engine using his powers. A beam of light comes out of the bottom and two aliens descend from the ship and begin talking to us.

"Hear me, and rejoice. You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful, that your meaningless lives are now contributing to..."

"I'm sorry, Earth is closed today. You better pack it up and get outta here."

"Stone keeper... Does this chattering animal speak for you?" One of the aliens says to Strange

"Certainly not. I speak for myself. But you're trespassing in this city and on this planet."

"That means get lost Squidward."

"He exhausts me. Bring me the stone."

"Ruby, you want a piece?" Tony asks, leaning over toward me as Strange and Wong start-up their magic.

"No, not really, but when do I ever get what I want?"

"That's right." He says, and I take off my jacket and throw it off to the side. One of the aliens slowly struts up to us and Tony taps the unit on his chest and his suit appears. He strikes the alien with beams from additions to his suit.

"Where'd that come from?" I ask

"It's nano-tech. You like it? A little somet-" The Maw throws a car at Tony and he blasts it back for the Maw to cut it in half. Tony flies toward the aliens and the Maw misses him twice before the Black Dwarf throws his weapon and launches Tony down the street and into the grass. The Black Dwarf then runs in his direction and I push off the ground and fly after him. His hammer launches toward Tony again and he jumps out of the way and flies off to the side to attack the alien from a different angle. I land and use my powers to throw the dwarf away before running to Tony to check on him.

"Tony, you okay?" I ask, helping him up when he sees the hammer coming back to me. I spin around too late but I see Peter, holding it up for us.

"Hey, Ruby. What's up Mr.Stark?" he says, glancing back.

"Kid, where'd you come from?" Tony asks

"A field trip to MoMA" He yells as he's being thrown by the huge alien.

"What is this guy's problem?" Peter asks

"He's from space. He came here to steal a necklace from a wizard." I yell to him. I run back to Tony and that's when I see Strange fighting the Maw all alone after he hurt Wong.

"You guys got this?" I ask, gesturing to the Black Dwarf

"We got it," Tony says, watching me fly off to help Strange.

The Maw lifts several bricks from the ground and grinds them into sharp points with his mind. He sends them in our direction and I grab them and redirect them to him which he blocks with a car. One gets past the car and scrapes his forehead. The Maw opens up a fire hydrant nearby which strikes me and knocks me into a car and then the ground and I blackout.

Strange flies forward to fight the Maw, glancing over to make sure I'm not bleeding out. He gets knocked into the side of a building and the Maw traps him under a line of bricks.

"Your powers are quaint. You must be popular with the children" The Maw says, floating up to his level.

He reaches for the amulet holding the Time Stone but jerks his arm back when it burns his palm.

"It's a simple spell but quite unbreakable." Strange says, grinning at the Maw.

"I'll take it off your corpse." The Maw says in disgust, throwing him to the ground. Several wires leap around different parts of Strange's body. One cord slowly tightens around his neck.

"You'll find... removing a dead man's spell... troublesome." Strange stutters out, struggling to breathe.