The Hunt

Lebmont had been hunting demons ever since he was a little boy. His family had been killed by demons and ever since that day he swore revenge.

Recently he'd been chasing down a demon, named Lilit who subtlety hinted the first time they ever encountered each other knowing which demon was responsible for his family's death. Ever since, he's been tracking her.

Lebmont stopped outside a tavern. This was a well known bar the Locus March that sells not only some decent liquor but somewhat reliable information.

He entered, to hear the sounds of lute being played. And who's playing it? None other than Goldfur, a well known musician and fighter on the battle field.

There, he tossed a small sack of gold onto the table. Some gold coins spilled out onto the counter.

" you here for the drinks, help, or info?" the bartender questioned, collecting the sack of gold.

Lebmont: " I need information, about a demon named Lilit." Seeing the bartender look around to see if the coast was clear than leaned in closer to Lebmont so he could whisper in his ear " a gambler named Machry knows about her. He claims he saw where she went. Marchy was in here 2 weeks ago, but he's said to travel to Bellshoal." Bellshoal, a place where many wizards and sorcerers reside. A place where they have many great schools for spell casters to learn and perfect their magics. It's also known to be very lively so there may be a big casino or two around. Since it is a very wealthy area.

Lebmont sighed. Knowing that it'll be a long a treacherous journey, but it must be done. Cutting across the Great Desert is the fastest way to Bellshoal. Lebmont never liked Bellshoal, he's been there before and most of the residents are snobs. In addition, since that area is known to hold such wealth and status in Haradon it is highly protected by the Order. The Order recruits paladins of all creatures, humans, mages, etc. all to serve. It's like the police but not using guns, using the immense devoted power of JUSTICE and well... magic or honorable weaponry like swords, axes, etc. or both.

Anyway, the Order doesn't like bounty hunters. Since bounty hunters kill the bad guys, while the Order captures them and lets them stand trial for what they've done. So, just like bad guys and outlaws the Order also tries to capture bounty hunters for being vigilante taking justice into their own hands without much evidence but a lot of inventive to do so.

So, it's best not to get caught by the Order as a bounty hunter and to stay away from them. That's what a lot of bounty hunters do if they can, stay away from places where Order guards. But sometimes... a bounty hunter must take risks if one or more of their targets resides or hides within an Order protected area. So, if they happen to get caught well... it's best not to.

There are 15 different areas in Haradon.

The Far North (yeti's and monsters live there), The Great Desert (daisauros, nomadic tribesmen, and assassins live there), The Far East (assassins and humans live there), The Woodlands (forest dwellers and goblins live there), Sinskaald Rift (minotaurs use to live there but now no creature dwells there anymore after the demon attack), The Harrowing Sea (maybe the worshippers of The Great Machine live there?), The Swamp of Wyrms (fishfolk, humans, and shadow clan worshippers live there), Tear Coast (harpies live there), Greenmont (humans live there), Arcadian Forest (witches live there), Bellshoal (wizards and sorcerers live there), Under Realm Ruins (alchemists and humans live there), Border Skirmish (trolls and forest dwellers), and The Underworld city of Kath'ill (elves live there).

" if you plan to cut through The Great Desert, I'd advise you to take some help." The bartender said, pouring a glass for Lebmont, knowing he's gonna need it.