Ch 9½: Friendzone

Meanwhile...

Raboot's p.o.v
I was walking away from the cave while tears dripped down my face after being called a friend by Riolu once again. I didn't understand why it hurt. I like being Riolu's friend, but I want to be more than Riolu's friend. Ever since that day he saved me from the river, I've been feeling different around Riolu."

Kirlia: "Hey! Raboot, wait up!"

Raboot: "Eep!"

Raboot's p.o.v
I was too focused thinking about Riolu that I was startled when Kirlia called out to me.

Kirlia: "Raboot, what's the rush? Trying to leave me behind?"

Raboot: "Huh? N-no, I was just..."

Kirlia's p.o.v
As I looked at Raboot as she struggled to speak, I noticed a slight blush on her face, and I decided to have a little fun with her.

vAs I looked at Raboot as she struggled to speak, I noticed a slight blush on her face, and I decided to have a little fun with her

Kirlia: "Hey~ Somebody's looking a bit blushed. Let me guess, you were daydreaming about your little blue sweetheart, isn't that right, Raboot?"

Raboot's p.o.v
I looked away from Kirlia and gloomily dropped my head.

Raboot: *sigh* "Kirlia. Mind if I ask you something?"

Kirlia: "Um, Sure. What is it?"

Raboot: "Well, I have been thinking about Riolu, and it's been bothering me all morning. It's getting to the point where I feel like I'm going crazy; I wanted to ask you, do you think Riolu and I would be-"

Raboot's p.o.v
Before I could finish my sentence, I was immediately cut off by Kirlia, who was shrieking a cheerful scream.

Kirlia: "Eee! Yes! Of course, the both of you would be such a great couple!"

Raboot's p.o.v
Hearing Kirlia saying that made me blush more, and it annoyed me.

Raboot: "But, Kirlia! That wasn't what I was going to say!"

Kirlia: "Wait, what? Then what were you going to say?"

Raboot: *sigh* "What I was going to say is, do you think Riolu and I would be better off, as you know, friends?"

Kirlia: "Wait? Raboot? This isn't because of what happened back in the cave, is it?"

Raboot: "Not exactly, it's just...that I think I might have..."

Kirlia: "Have what?"

Raboot: "...might have fallen in love with Riolu, but..."

Kirlia's p.o.v
I was overjoyed. I couldn't contain my excitement. I cried out a cheerful shriek.

Kirlia: "AHHH!!! I just knew it! I'm more convinced now after hearing you say it in your own words!"

Raboot's p.o.v
I hide my face and command Kirlia to be quiet and to stop embarrassing me.