Chapter 30

After the announcement that the angels would not be coming to St Clement's due to the recent outbreak, the students had caused pandemonium on compound.

The principal had informed all students about D's Angels visit on Friday. An assembly before classes was the means he had used. The information had caused great excitement and loud outbursts from nearly everyone present. They saw it as a chance to get close to the 'it girls' of the internet and were hoping to get some time to ask for favours from each of them to boost their social media. Principal Brown had specifically stated to not engage with the super models when they appeared on campus but of course, no one intended on following those rules. They had behaved as if they would but the principal had been wise enough to know that a disaster may be on his hands. That was why he had hired security for the event.

The shame and disappointment that filled the halls was one for the books. No sooner than the speaker had released its final crackle had students started yelling and kicking, complaining about how unfair this was. Some had brought professional cameras to try to get a sneaky scoop for their Instagram with the angels. Almost every student's hair had been done immaculately and their makeup pristine for the chance that they might appear in an official D's Angel series. How? How had it been allowed for things to just cancel like that? All because of a virus? It was just the flu.

People had made videos about the heartbreak, had apologized to their followers and had expressed their hurt through tweets. The whole thing had been blown out of proportion and knowing that Jungkook was not at school because he had been personally requested to be featured in the series had added salt to the wound. Didn't he have the virus they were all so afraid of? They had tried to bring their anger to Perrie's friends at lunch but Ray Ray had stood up so they all backed down, not wanting to feel his wrath.

The sting of humiliation had lingered in their spirits all day. Once the hour had come and it was time to head off, those who enjoyed chowing at Olly's diner had been ready to eat and drink their sorrows away to forget it all. They really thought that they could at least have that but no. The bloody diner had been closed down for the same angels who abandoned them!

"We can't even eat now? Why'd they have to shut down the whole place? They can't eat with regular folk? Is that it?" Students had their phones up while yelling at buff security guards surrounding the building. It started with about thirty of them who came by to grab a bite but word had spread about the issue so now quite a bit of people were present. Not just St. Clement's students. Kids from other schools came not only to check out the drama but to also catch a glimpse of the models.

"Tell D's Angels that they can't do this just because they're what's hot. How are they so sure it'll last eh?" This girl was shoving her camera in the security's face.

"D's Angels are really in there?"

"How do they know?"

"You can see them through the glass . . ."

"No we can't."

"Someone caught a cheeky pic of Jada through the glass and sent it."

"Why are they mad aye? They're rich. Haven't they ever closed down a restaurant to feel exclusive?"

Some were just fascinated by the outrage of these students. They behaved as if a hate crime had been committed against them. Surely there were no words to describe this unwarranted reaction. People driving by would slow down to try to catch what was happening. Was the spirit of entitlement just that strong in these rich kids or were they completely insane?

Inside, the angels had just finished having the diner's signature chilly fries.

"So lovelies, you've eaten the food of me and Leigh-Anne's favourite diner. What did you think of the British cuisine? Was it better than me homemade roast or mid?" Perrie sat next to Leigh-Anne in front of the three others. Jungkook was with them. Cameras were recording them all. The diner's owner had been more than happy to have them come since it meant good publicity. His workers were also looking on in excitement. D's Angels were here. A household name.