I was Afraid, I was....

At first I was afraid, I was...Petrified

*****

George made his way into the library, finding Harper sitting with Fred and Lee, the three laughing as Harper shook her head slightly.

"Freddie, I'm telling you. Ginny doesn't look great."

"Harps, you worry too much!" Fred sighed.

George took a seat beside Lee, watching Fred sigh and lean into Harper's side, Harper rolling her eye and trying to push him off her.

"What's going on with Ginny?" George asked.

"She just looks...I don't know, lonely and a bit bent out of shape at times, you two do check up on her. Don't you?" Harper insisted, Fred became a limp dead body, leaning his head back on her shoulder as Harper continued pushing him off her. "I swear to Godric, how are you so heavy?!"

Fred only snorted, briefly looking at George and winking.

"We check up on her as much as two older brothers should," George nodded.

"Well, I'm telling you. You need to be more persistent."

"Honestly, my fine haired friend, Ginny could use a female role model in her life. Since I see wedding bells in your future, its best to start becoming best friends now. So go be the big older sister that she's going to inevitably legally have one day!" Fred laughed, George tried not to react to Fred's statement. Lee shaking with laughter beside George, pounding the table slightly.

Harper finally got Fred off her, jumping to her feet and huffing as she scowled.

"You know what? Maybe I just will!" Harper proclaimed and hurried off.

Fred was laughing, leaning his head in his hand with a content sigh. "That's a shame...I can hear the wedding bells and she can't."

"Well maybe if you weren't suffocating her-"

"All the more to rile you up," Fred laughed. "I knew you were in the aisle before I started."

George sighed, shaking his head and pulling out blank parchment for his charms essay.

"But now you've sent away the only thing that keeps me motivated to complete assignments on time," George muttered.

"Yeah....she does keep us on schedule with assignments," Lee nodded in agreement.

"So does that mean we should prank the Slytherins?" Fred grinned.

George looked at the blank parchment and nodded, stuffing it away-he could do his assignments later.

"Absolutely."

***

"School is getting scary."

"I'm frightened."

"Harper, can you do anything?"

Harper leaned back into her pillows, Joy laid out at her feet, filing her nails, while Alicia and Angelina sat on their beds working on their essays. "I'm frightened too."

Another attack happened, this time it was Hermione Granger. Harper was completely shocked when she found out that Hermione was the latest victim, quidditch was now cancelled completely as well as their exams until further notice. Rumors of the school closing spread like wildfire around the castle. No one felt safe, professors had to escort them between classes now. The air around the castle was stiff with tension and fear.

A light tapping on the window took the girls out of their somber mood, Harper took the letter from the owl to see Snape's handwriting on it requesting her to his office immediately.