Runaway

"Hush now, don't say a word-it's out in the open,
And tell me how can you deal with all this wait?
Speak now, you must have a secret kept down,
Down where you can keep it-I need you to spill your guts."
-Runaway, Cartel

****

Looking at her watch, Harper made her way to Sybill's room. Feeling at peace when she found her favorite cushion and sat beside the oversized chair in the center of the room. Reaching in her bag for her diary and flipping to an empty page.

"You should be out with friends!" Sybill commented, "it's a nice autumn day, I feel the air is crisp and perfect to sit with friends on the grounds.

"It's cozy in here," Harper curled more into her cushion. "I just wanted to stop by, they're all busy with something or other.

"What about classes?" Sybill appeared with a small tray of tea and biscuits, setting beside her chair as she sat down, arranging her many layers of scarves.

"All are fine," Harper shrugged.

"I worry you spending all your time here....with that school being here...." Sybill frowned, sipping her tea. "Your mother knew they were coming, gave me a warning also, but not you?! To not even tell you..." she clicked her tongue, clinking her spoon against the rim of her cup.

"I think if I'd known in advanced, I would've tried to stay home or something," Harper laughed. "They've left me alone so far. Maybe it'll stay that way?"

"Your ability, Severus said you'd done well and that things were manageable."

Harper nodded, "the best it's ever been. But he still says my control is miniscule."

Sybill nodded slightly, slowly shuffling her tarot cards around as they both looked into the crackling fire that spewed sandalwood into the room.

"I have George to thank for it really....stupid bloke made me prioritize myself last year," Harper huffed, she leaned deeper in to the cushion as she crossed her legs, bouncing her foot nervously-furiously writing something in her diary.

"Poppy....I know your destiny has shifted, the air around you is filled with love, but that doesn't mean you should forget yourself in the process."

"Young love will do that," Harper stirred her tea, watching the sugar cube melt before taking a sip.

"I am proud of you," Sybill smiled.

Harper nodded, tapping her foot on the floor slightly as she hummed to herself.

"I haven't heard that tune in a long time," Sybill smiled before joining in.

"So...do you know anything about a dance? Is there one?" Harper asked innocently.

"I do not know, but if there were, I would hazard to guess you'll soon learn of it after the first task."

"Oh, that's no fun, don't you know?"

Sybill gave a wink, sipping her tea as she continued her silence.

Harper rolled her eyes slightly, shaking her head as she looked over her tea leaves. "Good fortune....finally," she smiled to herself. It felt like ages since she'd sat and seen her leaves form something that was promising.

****

"So you're telling me you two still aren't together?"

George looked up at Angelina who was scouring through a tattered looking book, she stopped on a page and was quiet for a moment before closing it shut with a dissatisfied scowl.

"Ange, I gave her the choice and she-"

"We do this every year!" Angelina moaned, leaning forward on the table and sighing dramatically.