If Not For You

"If not for you, I wouldn't sing anymore
If not for you , I couldn't get off this floor
If not for you, hell would be knockin' on my door
If not for you"
-If not for you, Maneskin

*******

"How's the Ministry?" Harper called over toward Harry and Ron from her usual seat between the twins on her favorite couch in the Burrow. 

I swear to the gods, I will transform all that you love into a spider, Ronald Weasley-

"Alright, Kingsley is doing-"

"—the Malfoy's trials are starting next week," Harry cut across Ron.

George shot a glare in Harry's direction, the boy's green eyes shifted from George's death glare to Harper beside him, Harry's neck reddening from the intensity of the glare. Ron tucked his head into his dessert, knowing better than to answer Harper's innocent enough question.

"Is that open to the public?" Harper asked, curiously.

I will hex you, Potter

Harper kicked George's shin harshly, glaring at him from the corner of her eye, swallowing his empty threats, George patted her leg which resulted in another kick to the shin.

"It is," Percy nodded beside Bill, even he looked stiff as they all ate their dessert around the Weasley living room in mid September. Most of the children were assembled, Bill and Fleur sat to George's right with Percy while Harry and Ron sat closer to the fireplace on George's left. The only two Weasley children not present were Ginny and Charlie.

"I want to go—"

"—absolutely."
"—not!"

George looked at Fred like he had two heads, Fred gave an innocent smile.

I will hex everyone here

Another kick to his calf from Harper.

"I don't understand, why can't she go? Harper is her own person," Percy spoke again, earning a glare from George.

You big headed git

"Yes.... Why can't I go, George?" Harper asked, the sweet tone of her voice immediately stilled all other conversations around the room. Angelina stifled a snort from her spot on the arm of the couch on Fred's right, taking a big bite of her chocolate cake as they all waited for George's flubbed response.

"You'd be setting foot in the Ministry for starters and seeing people who were your captors to top it off," Ron offered.

"You don't know what they did to me and either way, I want to see them judged fairly. Narcissa—"

"—is part of the reason we won the battle, I agree that she needs a fair trial," Harry interrupted

"Surprised the Ministry hasn't been knocking on your door, Harper. Those trials are taking a long time..." Percy mused, pushing his glasses up his nose.

They have been

Harper's plate hit the floor with a clatter, when she sat back on the couch, her relaxed smile slipped and George caught a glimpse of his impending demise. They would be talking about that comment in private. The decadent double layer chocolate cake sunk in his stomach like a rock, making him feel nauseous.

Shit

"That's a very fair point, Percy. As a legilimens...I'm surprised I wasn't asked to help by the interim Minister for Magic himself," Harper said tightly, looking between the twins with wide eyes.

"You really wanna be there?" Bill asked with a quirked eyebrow.

Harper nodded, now having everyone's attention on her as she glared at George and Fred who looked immensely guilty about something or other.