Your Love Is My Drug

She had that rare genuine smile on her face as she looked at him, looked at the ring, and then back to him. There was once a time where he never thought he'd see that smile again, the thought of that wrecked havoc on his heart for months. But now? Now he finally got to relish in that smile once again. And he prayed to fate and all the above, that it never disappeared again.

George couldn't help waking with a smile of his own, his fingers trailed lazily along Harper's bare spine, holding her tighter to him as she slept across his chest.

The elegant engagement ring flashed in the early morning light that filtered through the slit in the black curtains, he lifted her hand to his lips, looking at the ring Harper would probably never take off for the rest of her life. The emerald cut diamond was as beautiful and bright as the girl sleeping against him, relief that it fit perfectly on her finger ran through his body-he'd spent ages searching for the perfect ring, even getting Angelina to help with the final call.

"You shouldn't be sleeping with the ring on, love," George muttered against her hair when he sensed her breathing pattern had changed.

Harper moaned a groggy response, rubbing her cheek against his skin in protest.

"What if it scratches your eye while you sleep?" George prodded, watching his fingers leave goosebumps down her arm.

"Would I be less attractive with an eyepatch?" Harper mused, kissing his chest lightly.

"Mmmmmm maybe not...."

Harper smirked, continuing to leave a trail of fire along his skin where she kissed.

"I can't make you breakfast in bed if you don't let me out though."

Harper groaned, lifting her head, she rested her chin on his chest and sighed. "I personally think I'm much more important-" her stomach growled loudly in protest, George smirked widely, Harper giving a roll of her eyes, slowly moving away to lay on her side.

"Suppose....food would be nice," Harper muttered, pulling the bedsheet close to her chest. "Proper food..." her face flushing.

"That would mean officially leaving this room, is that what you want?" George smirked.

Harper blushed a deep red, burying her face in her pillow and muttering something unintelligible.

Leaning down to kiss her cheek, George got out of bed. "I'll be back in a moment, beautiful."

Fixing his shirt over his head as he walked down the hall, George found Fred and Angelina at the dining table with Cheshire grins.

"Oh look who it is!"

"I'd thought he ran away!"

"I thought you were a ghost!"

"I thought I'd have to open the shop with only Lee!"

George rolled his eyes at his friends, entering the kitchen.

"Haven't seen you in almost two days," Angelina comments from behind him, George slowly gathering the ingredients to make a large amount of pancakes for the flat.

"Has it been that long?" George mused, willing his face to remain neutral and not flush.

He knew exactly how long he and Harper had been locked in their room, quickly running to the kitchen for brief meals before hurrying back to their room and locking themselves away to enjoy more of that engagement bliss he was still feeling as he prepared their breakfast.

"I'm assuming Harper said yes then?" Angelina said with a grin.

"Yes, she did," he smiled happily, Angelina's grin widened.