Chapter 10: Aftermath

(C/F) Cookie thought it was suspicious that Roommate Cookie fell after going with Pure Vanilla Cookie, but no one else seemed to care much for this fact as Pure Vanilla Cookie had been the one who ran back down to the forest and brought them back.
It was even more suspicious that they had rarely seen him at all, which was great. It really would've helped them sleep at night if their therapy friend hadn't just died. Because of that it was actually harder to sleep!

He was also busily preparing for a Council after writing to his old friends. Everyone was so focused on preparing that (C/F) Cookie felt more alone than ever. They didn't know how to help, let alone want to after what happened.

"Hello (C/F) Cookie..." Pure Vanilla Cookie smiles as they finally approach him just a week before the actual Council. "Do you want to move the blanket fort somewhere else? I'm certain I can find a spare room to put it in..."

They shake their head silently, looking at the floor.

"I'd hate to just take it down..." He frowns, "Since the Council will be in here I can't leave it up. Believe me, I certainly would if I could."

"I do Orchid..." They nod.

"What's wrong?" Pure Vanilla Cookie asks them, "I can tell something is. Aside from well..."

(C/F) Cookie opens and closes their mouth again, trying to figure out how to word this without getting him mad. "I'm... leaving."

"You're...?" He stiffens. "You're leaving?"

They take a step back as he hurries to them, but it's not enough to stop him.

He gently grabs their wrist, "Is this my fault? Please, tell me! I-I didn't push them off! I swear! We were just about to leave and then the ground caved! I ran to see if I could reach them in time, but they were already in too many pieces!"

(C/F) Cookie tries to rip their arm out of his grip, but he fights them, trying to pull them closer.

"Please don't leave!" He begs. "I... I'll do anything!"

They continually try to pull away and he doesn't relent.

"I..." He starts to cry.

(C/F) Cookie feels something start to break in the shoulder and worries their nightmares have come true; they finally manage to yell, "Let go!"

Immediately he released them, but the lack of his force against them causes them to fall backwards onto the floor.
He gently kneels beside them. "They told me, you know..."

(C/F) Cookie stiffens as they feel him examine their shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I did. You didn't listen."

He sighs, "I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you."

They hold up their scarred hand.

He places his over it, hiding the scar, and pulls them to their feet, standing up as well. "I learned a lot without you; I learned a lot because of you! Just... give me another chance."

"Why should I?" They snap. "I have every reason not to! In fact, I have every right to just leave!"

Pure Vanilla Cookie pulls them into a soft hug, "I told you: I didn't kill them. I healed all the times I harmed you, didn't I? It's been so long, are you sure you remember it correctly? I'm not sure if I even do... I have a responsibility to keep you safe, and that's exactly what I'll do. I love you, (C/F) Cookie, and I have no intention of ever letting you go."

[Well, I cut a lot out of it, but yup. This is the ending. Probably should've just labeled this as the Epilogue...]