Help

So this is sorta kinda a filler chapter....I'm not too sure about it, but I think its pretty good. Also, the more comments, the fast the update. I love some constructive criticism, so yeah, vote, comment, both. whatever;) Also, there is some mild sexual content. so hold onto your panties;)

“Where’ve you two been?” my mom asked, looking at me suspiciously as we went into the house for the night. I brushed hay off of my legs and smiled at her.

“We were down at the creek for a while. Sorry for not letting you know.” I said, sitting down at the table. Tucker sat down next to me as my mother turned around to look at me. She glanced at Tucker and sighed.

“Sydney, I have to talk to you.” She said in a serious tone. My stomach dropped as I watched her. What now?

She glanced at tucker again.

“It would probably be better if we were alone.” She said, giving Tucker a pointed look. I shook my head vigorously.

“No, he stays.” I said sternly. I didn’t like the thought of him leaving. I wanted him to stay right by my side. My mother’s eye brows pulled together, but she didn’t argue.

“Alright, then. It’s about last night.” She said, looking at Tucker again. She obviously thought I wouldn’t want him to hear this. She didn’t know that if it weren’t for him, I’d still be locked in my room.

“What about it?”

“Look, Sydney, its been over two years and you still get like that. It isn’t healthy.” She said, looking me in the eye. I stared at her.

“What are you saying?” I asked, a terrible feeling building in my chest. “I think you should go see someone, you know, to help you.”

Silence.

You want me to go see a shrink?” I practically shrieked. Tucker put his hand on my knee, but I was too angry. I stood up, and my mother squared her shoulders.

“Yes, I do. It is not healthy that you cant even ride in a car without being frightened.”

I couldn’t even speak. How could she do this to me? After all I had been through, I had gotten so much better. Was she expecting it to be so fast?

“I know you’re angry, but I only want what’s b-”

“No, if you wanted what’s best then you wouldn’t be sending me to a shrink? Do you think I’m crazy?” I exploded, stepping closer to her. She didn’t back down. We were too similar.

“No, I think you’re depressed. You have nightmares, you cant go in cars, you wont even go on that road!” she shot back.

“You don’t understand! You will never understand! You weren’t there, you didn’t see! I’m surprised you even cared!” I shouted, then instantly regretted it. My mother didn’t stop, though. It wasn’t in our nature.

“How dare you! I loved your father very much, you know that! I just want what’s best for you! Cant you see that?”

“No, don’t play that card! I got more than enough of that after he died, and frankly I think it’s a load of bull shit!” I screamed, my face inches from my mothers, my blue eyes burning into hers. I opened my mouth to continue, but suddenly I felt two hands on my shoulders, pulling me backwards.

“Come on, Syd, lets go.” Tucker said in his soft voice. I turned on my heal and ran up the stairs to my room, slamming the door behind me as I collapsed into my bed in tears for the second night in a row.