Wedding

Ok, so this chapter has some mild sexual content, so hold onto your panties. What do you think of Tucker? At first alot of people didnt like him, with good reason, so what about now?????

"A wedding?" I repeated, leaning against the counter with my glass of orange juice in my hand. My mother nodded.

"Yeah, Whitney and Blake's." she confirmed. I smiled widely.

"Really? that's great!" Whitney and Blake were some close friends of my moms. We didn't see them too often because they lived in Gunthar. They had been together for as long as I could remember, and already had a small child named Max. I loved all of them, and was excited by the news. I knew Emily would be too; she was close with them also. I debated whether or not to wait until Friday to tell her, or if it was okay to tell her over the phone.

In the middle of my thoughts, I realized my mom was still talking.

"I think it's going to be in the white building." she was saying. The white building was where everyone got married; it was basically the only place. It was nice, though. It was actually named The Vanmathership House of Wed which didn't really make sense to me when I was younger. Basically,  it made it sound very old and weird, but it was quite modern, with a hard wood dance floor and lots of room for tables and such. there was even a stage for a DJ. But the name was too long, so most people just called it The White Building.

"When is it?" I asked, cutting her off. She was rambling, something she did when she got excited and I couldn’t pay attention to it.

"Next weekend." she said, and my eye bugged out a little.

"Next weekend? that's a little…soon, isn't it?" I asked, taking a sip of my juice. She nodded. "Yes, well, the wedding has been planned since August." she said, a little sheepishly.

"Why am I just hearing about it?" I asked, wondering what she was hiding.

"Well, I may have lost the invitation we got in December, and then I kind of forgot about it…" she said, letting it trail off. I rolled my eyes. It was something my mother would do.

“Alright, well I need a dress.” I said and that’s when my mother got a huge grin on her face. “Well, you’re going to be a bridesmaid.” She said, and I gasped.

“Mom, I can’t, not with less than two weeks to get a dress. Isn’t Whitney freaking out that one of her bridesmaids isn’t ready?" I asked, getting worried as I thought about all the preparation that would be needed.

My mom waived her dismissively. “Whitney’s got so much on her mind that I don’t think she even noticed. She has four other bridesmaids, anyways. Also, you know how laid back Whitney is.” She said.

I nodded, not really listening. I would need to take a trip into Gunthar to get a dress, and I’d probably take Emily. She would be so excited. I doubted if she had heard the news. We were her and her families main source for news when they were in England, and obviously my mom had managed to leave that nugget of information out.

Just then, Tucker came into the kitchen and sat down, studying my face as I chewed on my lip and my mom finished dishes from breakfast.

“What’s up?” he asked, leaning back in his chair. My eyes snapped to his.

“A friend of ours is getting married next weekend, and I’m going to be a bridesmaid. I need a dress….” I let the sentence trail off as I tried to think of the best place.

“What are the colors?” I asked my mom.

“Black and white.”

Perfect. Black looked good on me. I cast a glance at Tucker with his dark gray t shirt and dark jeans, his black hair falling into his eyes, and decided that black certainly did look best on me.