Ahsoka

Ahsoka stared at the wall ahead of her, the only scene she'd been privy to for however long she'd been imprisoned. Time seemed to be at a complete standstill, and she didn't know if she'd been trapped for weeks or even months.
She was suspended by her arms, trapped in what looked like modified light shackles. Her only company was a droid, one that stabbed her with needles and IV's every so often to keep her alive, but subdued. She was constantly drifting in and out of consciousness, unable to reach out to anyone in the Force, her head full of fog.
    She mostly thought about Luke and Leia, hoping they were just in a cell somewhere and not subjected to the same amount of security as her. She had no idea how long she'd been imprisoned, for all she knew she'd been there for years. The constant state of confusion and disorientation was excruciating, but every time she got frustrated, she was immediately put back under.
    The IV kept her from dehydration and starvation, but her mouth was drier than the sands of Tatooine and her throat felt scratchier than sandpaper. She closed her eyes as she did dozens of times, trying to reach out into the Force to find someone, anyone, only to receive a violent shock from the droid. One thing was for certain, Maul knew how to contain a Jedi.
    "I wouldn't do that if I were you," came a voice. Ahsoka opened her eyes and the Sith himself came into focus mere inches from her face. She lunged at him, only to receive an even more violent shock than before.
    "Or that," he pointed out coldly. Ahsoka coughed and gasped for air, trying to find her voice. She stared him down with the unyielding confidence of someone who wasn't a prisoner. She would've liked to spit in his face, but her mouth was horrendously parched.
    "If you-" she coughed, "are doing this to those kids, you're gonna wish you were born a protocol droid."
    Maul chuckled cruelly. "You're hardly in any position to be making threats, Lady Tano. However, small children are easier to contain than Jedi Masters, so their accommodations are far more comfortable than your own. For now that is."
    Ahsoka narrowed her eyes at him and tried to compose herself with as much dignity as she could. "What game are you playing, Maul?"
    Maul's face remained unreadable as he held his bloodshot yellow gaze to Ahsoka's. "I'm playing the only game left to play, Lady Tano."
    "And that is?"
"The revenge game. It really is that simple."
    Ahsoka laughed mockingly. "You said that last time, and you were wrong. You said Anakin was destined to become Sidious's apprentice, and the days of the Republic were over. Now your master is dead, and the Republic is thriving. The only person with a set destiny is you. You are destined for failure. Your quest for vengeance will be what kills you. One way or another."
Maul took Ahsoka's chin into his hand and looked over her face skeptically. She responded by jerking away and resisting the urge to bite his fingers off.
    "You perplex me, Lady Tano. You manage to be wise beyond your years, yet you still manage to be as arrogant and blind as your Jedi Order. You were a fool to return to it."
    "You are even more the fool to continue passing on the ways of the Sith. How long until that apprentice of yours betrays you, Maul?" Ahsoka taunted.
    Maul didn't answer, instead looking intently at his prisoner. "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
    "I find it hard to trust the words of the monster who holds me in chains," Ahsoka hissed.
    "Oh, Lady Tano," Maul started for the door, his loud, metallic footsteps reverberating through the stone. He paused and looked to the ceiling, not meeting her eyes.
    "The monster is in the eye of the beholder."