ENTROPIC ENTRY : PROLOGUE

Entropies of My Heart — Prologue

Entropy...

What does it really mean??

"Entropy is a measurement of how much the atoms in a substance are free to spread out, move around, and arrange themselves in random ways. It's an important concept in thermodynamics, the study of how heat and other energy forms relate to each other." I looked around as I explain the main concept of our lesson in thermodynamics.

"Entropy is defined as the measurement of degree of randomness or in other words, it is the increase in the disorganization within a system." I added afterwards.

I saw how the students were so bored. To be honest, science is quite boring and hard. Just like math, it includes every disorder pupils could meet while studying.

"It is represented by this formula..." I started to write the formula on the board when someone called me.

"Professor Kairos..." He called. I sighed again as I turn around to entertain him.

He was all serious in his seat. He looked like he was serious but he wasn't. He would state some jokes and they verily knew that it pissed me off.

"Oh no..."

"My, why would he add commercial ads!?"

"Can we end this session earlier than before!?"

I sighed in my insides. I really need to entertain this one or he won't stop bothering me.

Another waste of time, I guess?

"Entropy is a measure of disorder or randomness, right?" He asked. I was startled, for it is his first time to ask something serious.

"Indeed. I already said it earlier." I stated. He frowned but he fix himself from his seat.

"Can you state an example where entropy is present?" I haven't really prepare myself with his questions.

"Entropy is always present in thermodynamics. Entropy is present in everything, related to heat. How is that to you?" I answered seriously but he shook his head sideways.

"You lack something, professor." He uttered while his smile is creeping me out.

Wait what? In what way? Where?

"How could you say so?" I asked him for it awakens my interest.

"Love."

I stopped for a moment. I raise my brows in disbelief. What does he say? Love?

His classmates also looked at him with disbelief. They looked at him, like he was unbelievable.

"There is entropy in love." He stood up as he looked around and explain his side.

"We don't know what love can bring. Love is sometimes uncertain. Love is also chaotic, and sometimes it was in disorder. Entropy is simply a measure of disorder and affects all aspects of our daily lives. Energy disperses, and systems dissolve into chaos, and that is in physics. The more disordered something is, the more entropic we consider it. You could consider love is entropic, for it is a series of pain, happiness, and everything serious you may felt." He sat down, leaving the whole class in silence.

Memories flashed back again. I remember how I became chaotic with him. I remember how I broke down with his attics. I remember every single misery he inflicted upon me.

It was a game of love, and was considered as entropic, and it ended up in misery.

The moment he sat down, is the moment that the bell rang. It means that the session is over and another session will be made.