22. We'll Fight Back

"IloveyouAbhi" Akshu said in a breath and closed her eyes.

Abhi's felt his heart stopped beating for a while. The one who's love declaration was the reason he was living suddenly did it once again but this time it made his heart stop. He felt his hands, which were just tightly holding Akshara are falling weak and his skin is turning pale.

He took some heavy breaths and then with trembling hands checked Akshara's pulse and that was the moment he felt he got his breath back. She was alive. His Akshu was still alive. He silently thanked his mahadev and just then looked outside that the ambulance has arrived. With the help of some police officials, he shifted Akshara to the ambulance and they drove to Birla hospital.

By then Abhi's brain had stopped working. Akshara was not responding to anything he said.They reached the hospital and Abhi called out the other doctors to take her to the OT which was already ready since he felt himself collapsing.

As he saw the doctors rushing Akshara to the OT with Anand and Mahima dragging themselves behind them, he realised his eyes are gradually closing. He fell down.

Harsh came rushing and held him in his hands. He screamed and shouted in his ears to open the eyes but he stopped responding. Harsh with the help of some other hospitals picked him up and took him for an examination.
___________________________________________

Midnight, Birla Hospital:-

Manjiri was sitting infront of the little mandir of hospital since the time she heard of the accident. Harsh was running here and there, checking on both Akshara and Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu woke up once in between and asked for Akshara but when he got to know that she still has not gained consciousness, he collapsed again.

At midnight, Abhimanyu woke up once again. He saw Harsh sitting on the couch in his room and called him.

"Papa how's my Akshu now?" He almost cried.
"Beta, she's better." Harsh said casually, with almost no expression on his face.
"Better? How much better?" Abhi was worried again.
"Anand Bhai and Mahima Bhabhi are still operating her. Actually we have removed the bullet and she would have been back to her senses as well if it was just that, but there was another injury. She was hit by an iron rod on her head and that has caused a deep wound. Plus, the total blood loss is a lot so-"
"Papa, she will be fine na?" Abhimanyu hugged him and cried.
Harsh really didn't know much. He just caressed his back.

Suddenly Abhimanyu recalled that Harsh has access to the live footage of operations going on in the hospital.

"Papa... I want to see my Akshu's operation. I...I just want to see her" he stammered while still sobbing.

"Nahi beta, I can't do that. I myself haven't checked it since long. And I know you won't be able to take it."

"Papa please... I just want to see my Akshy once.." he looked into his eyes and pleaded. He was begging him as if he was begging for his own life. Harsh knew he won't be able to take it and with a heavy heart, played the recording.

Abhi saw Akshu was still on the operation bed. There were stitches and bandages being applied on her little face and neck. Abhimanyu started shivering at the sight. His whole life he has been in this profession, handling even worse cases. But this time, it was about his Akshu's life. The one for whom he breathes, his lifeline, his whole world. He just knew he won't be able to survive if anything happens to her.

Harsh understood whatever was going in his head and tightly cluched his hand, assuring him that everything will be alright.
__________________________________________

The surgery was finally successful and they just waited for Akshara to come back in her senses. She was shifted to ICU. Abhimanyu went and sat by her side, holding her hand. He assured Anand and Mahima that they can take rest and he can also take care of any small needs of her at night. Honestly he just wanted to be the first person who sees her when she gains consciousness.

It was around 2 am, Abhimanyu was holding Akshara's hand. He himself was high on the medicines and his head was paining. He kept his head on her bed since it was paining. He closed his eyes when he felt her breathing close to him.

Suddenly he felt little fingers caressing his cheek. He woke up at the sensation and saw Akshara smiling to him.

"Abhi..." she struggled to whisper.
"Nhi ssshhh... Don't trouble youself!" Abhimanyu said without even realising anything as he felt her pain.
"I'm fine Abhi..." She softly spoke again.

That's when Abhi got back into his senses and realised that his Akshu is back in her senses. She was calling him out- exactly for which he was waiting here whole night.

The whole hospital was quiet. Abhimanyu felt her little laugh on seeing him and his name coming out as soft whispers. He gradually processed everything and his dam of tears broke. They flowed continuously and he didn't even try to stop them.

"Akshuuu.....meri jaan..." He caressed her cheekh where he felt were no stitches, while crying continuously.

"Your Akshu fought back Abhi." Akshara smiled to him again.

"Yes! I just knew my wife is the strongest woman out there. Nothing will happen to her and our love. I knew you'll fight your yourself, I knew you will fight for us." He kept crying.

Akshara raised her little finger to his cheeks and wiped the tears.

"Why are you crying?" She asked
"Khushi ke aansu!" (tears of joy!)

Then they both bursted into laughter and lived the moment. Their love got a second chance. Abhimanyu wanted to take Akshara in his arms and assure her that he'll never let go of her ever after this, but that wasn't just possible considering her condition. He just held her hands and his tears were still shedding on them which her heart could feel.

"Bas karo! How much more will you cry jaan? Come here, just lie down close to me."

He understood that wanted to feel him close. They had no more convos, no more tears. Akshara made a little space and Abhi climbed onto her bed. She kept one hand on his chest and breathed him in. She was feeling sorry for them. It was her mistake and ignorance towards Abhimanyu's warnings that landed them here. But she knew she'll get scolded for mentioning that now.

"What are you thinking about?" Abhimanyu asked, carefully caressing her head, keeping aside of the places which were wounded. His heart was paining on seeing her like that but he too let go of asking her anything, or reminding of the instances that caused the pain.

"Nothing, just keep close to me!" She closed her eyes and whispered against his chest.
"I'm just here jaan." He replied while keeping his hand over hers, on his chest. That was all he could do to assure her at that moment. She snuggled a little more closer, till she could feel the warmth of his chest and then slept. He looked at her for a while and then slept as well.

One more chapter left and then I'll post the epilogue :)

Please drop your views on this chapter.

Thankyou for all your love <3