Miles

It was four thirty in the morning when I got the message and painful chest burns. Grey had left, she left a letter for me. I didn't know when but tears fell, my heart ached and ached. I won't do anything Grey. I'll let you free. I'll wait and wait till you come back. I'll show you a different me and different when you come back.

"Should we have trackers go? Some are ready already Alpha."

"No just let her go."

"You sure?"

I nod. The tracker left leaving me with Autumn.

"You okay? I'm so sorry." Autumn came over to my side and pat my back.

"I'll be fine. From now on, I'll make this pack, stronger. Stronger than it already is whenever she's back I'll welcome her home with open arms. That Luna spot..."

"Don't worry I know what to do. I'll just take over for now."

"Thank you."

I'll wait, even if it means I'll see you for in the other side I'll still wait for you. That night I stared out, at the velvet night sky, the full moon was up and bright. The pack were out a running free. I stayed in Grey's room.

"We live under the same sky yet I still can't see you Grey. That's how far we are."

My heartaches from the distance that's grown. I have no idea what will happen in the future. She blocks me from feeling the pain she feels. So I have no idea what will happen to her. But I have a very deep get feeling that she's gone to hunt down Xavier.

She knows me too well. She knows I'll do whatever to hold her back. I'll hunt him down myself. I just want her to stay quickly and obediently in the pack house within the territory, where I know it is safe.

But if you must go. I won't hold you back. I can't anyways, you're too far away. I have not idea where you are off to. But I'll wait for you to come back. During that time I'll make myself better, a better alpha and a better man.

4 years later

"It's the 4th anniversary of when we met."

"You say that every year Miles. But to know you're not dead is good because it means she's not dead. I wonder why she's not back Xavier died two years ago."

"Let her be. She'll need some time of her own. When she's back she won't be able to have time to herself. She'll be busy with pups and pack work."

"You would Xavier."

"Autumn.... I want little pups of my own running around."

Two years ago Xavier Hearts died. This new spread like wildfire. The wolf who killed him left no trace but I had a gut feeling that it was Grey. Why she's not back in not sure. I guess even more people were after her. The first year I heard her voice in my head she'd tell me to save her. But once I reply she's gone. I couldn't sleep for nights when ever that would happen. Today is our 4th anniversary of meeting her. The day I found out she was my mate.

"How many pups do you want?"

"I don't mind as long as Grey wants. It's not me carrying the child or going through labor. I can't bare to see her go through it either. You'd think after all these years."

I laugh at myself. Autumn stand up. I look at her wide eyed

"Did you smell that?"

Though it was faint and quick, I couldn't mistake it. It was Greys scent.

'Alpha there are rouges'

'Is there a white wolf among them?'

'No Alpha.'