chapter 6

I frantically get up and run to the nearest bathroom without uttering a word to the man standing in front of me. My heart was pounding out of my chest and my breath was running rampid. I had to get cleaned up and erase all traces of what just happened before Julia arrived. Looking in the mirror at the mess I have become under the touch of Malcom. My hair was wild and my skin was flush, I need to get a grip if I plan on getting away from this place. The goal is to make him believe that I'm falling for his charms so he will let his guard down and I can make my escape. All of which will fail if I let myself even so much as a flutter of affection for him. I turn on the shower and let cold water wash over my body sending goosebumps over my heated skin.

Once out of the shower I wrap a towel around my body and make my way to my room to get dressed.

The house was empty so that means Malcom has left to attend to pack buisness, hopefully I won't have anymore encounters with him for awhile. I throw on a matching bra and panty set of emerald green, a pair of skinny jeans and a flannel. All hallows eve is around the corner and this is my favorite time of year I wonder if there are any festivities that Julia and I can attend for the day.

Walking downstairs I hear Julia open the front door.

"Julia ! " I screech and she nearly jumps out of her skin.

"You scared the absolute life out of me !" Holding her chest she begins to laugh.

" it's almost Halloween and it's my favorite time of year. Can we go shopping for some decorations maybe to give this place a little life. Or maybe we can go to a pumpkin patch and get some cider as well" I was grinning ear to ear so I'm sure Julia knew she couldn't say no.

"Of course we can, let's make some coffee to go and we will see what we can get into" Julia smiles sweetly and begins to make us each a latte.

Julia said we could get into plenty of fall activities in the pack village so we decided to just walk and enjoy the crisp beautiful day. We went into a few shops and I picked up some cheesy and spooky decorations for the house to make me feel more comfortable. Of course I bought so many fall scented candles because I'm basic and that is my guilty pleasure.  Next stop is the pumpkin patch and the small festival the pack is holding to celebrate the moon goddess on all hallows eve. Everything looked so magical the food smelled amazing and there were so many craft stands I was in absolute heaven.

We were looking at crystals and small spell jars and incense when a woman walked out from behind the curtain of the booth. She was small woman with gray and black hair. She had silver eyes the kind that can see right through your soul.

"Are you looking for something special?" The woman smiled sweetly.

"No just passing through" Julia huffed out and began to try to push me to walk away from the booth.

"Do stay maybe I can read your palm and tell you your destiny " the woman teased.

"Sure let's see what you've got" I smiled and gave the woman my hand.

"I like the idea of fortune telling but I don't really believe in destiny" I chuckled.

"Oh but you should my sweet, we all have a destiny , some good some bad" she looked at me with those piercing eyes and began to trace her wrinkled fingertips over my palm mumbling and whispering things I couldn't hear or really understand.

The next thing I knew she grabbed my wrist and yanked my arm and pulled me hard closer to her. We were eye to eye and only inches apart when I noticed her once silver eyes were now completely white as if she had completely lost her vision. I gasped and used my other hand to try to escape her grasp.