chapter 8

Malcom ushered me around the pack grounds until we reached a small cottage on the edge of the forest. It was small and homey with lots of herbs and flowers growing. Something right out of a fairytale book. I gave him a confused look this is where the crone lived, everyone made her seem so scary and dark. Malcom lifted a heavy hand and knocked on the door.

"It's Malcom can we come inside?" He spoke softly.

The door creeked open and familiar silver eyes peeked out eyeing us up and down. She seemed almost afraid.

"Of course, just be quick" she said in a hushed tone.

We walked inside and she sat us at a small table.

"You're just in time I already put on some tea." She hummed

"I don't mean to be rude but I need to know more about my fate. The prophecy you gave me, I need to know how much time I have and I wonder if you know who poisoned my father and why" I sighed

" the prophecy I gave you was from the moon goddess herself. She wanted me to warn you about what was coming."

"As for your father, I was the one who poisoned him and cursed him to live with his demons." She looked at me trying to figure out my emotions.

I was in a rage.

"Why would you do that. All of this could have been avoided. What was your reason !?" I yelled

" he needed to be taught a lesson. I never meant for it to be permanent. I planned to reverse the spell once he came to see the error in his ways. But instead he embraced the darkness it was more of a blessing than a curse in his eyes. " She sighed heavily sadness clear in her eyes.

"He was planning to kill our Alpha and take our lands way before I cursed him. But in the end he did succeed in killing the Alpha but by that time Malcom was of age and had already taken the Alpha title." She looked at me with sorrow in her eyes.

"Can you reverse the spell now?" I asked in a kind of panic.

"No its been too long, the damage has been done it cannot be undone." She looked at Malcom.

Malcom ran his hands through his hair and sighed. "Why didn't you tell dad about this, maybe if you would have told him he could have prepared for this " he choked out

"I was trying to protect my mate and my child. I will not apologize for that. I loved your father Malcom and I love you too. I will do everything in my power to help you set things right but things were never meant to turn out this way." Her voice cracked and tears escaped her eyes.

"Wait a minute you're his mother. Malcom this is your mother! "

"Why didn't you tell me, why is she out here all alone " my heart sank

"Child I wanted this, after the death of my mate I wanted to be alone and away from everyone who pittied me. Malcom had the pack under control and I thought it was best for everyone." She wiped the tears from her eyes and cleared her throat.

"So how do I kill him." I sat up straight with a determined look in my eyes.

"Are you sure you want to do this " Malcom looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"If I don't do this there will be more blood shed and he will come for me " i choked out

"There is one way I can be sure you will win against him, I will preform a spell here where he can't find me to weaken him while you fight him. The moon goddess made that clear it has to be you lily nobody else can get close to him."  She sighed.

"My wolf isn't very strong yet how am I going to kill him. " panic in my voice.

"We will shift and train until you are ready but also I have something you can use."

Malcom went into another room and came out carrying a long wooden box. He layed it on the table and unclipped the lock. Inside was a sword, completely sliver. It had wolves engraved in the handle and a giant emerald at the base. It was absolutely beautiful.

"You won't be able to touch it because silver is lethal as you know but there are some enchanted leather gloves in the box for you to wear while you use it. It was my father's but it seems fitting that you wield it." His expressions were soft and caring when he spoke to me.

"Okay. I think we can do this, he won't see me coming." I breathed out.

After that we left the cottage and took the box with the sword inside back to Malcom's home. Once settled we made dinner and ate in silence for the most part.

"Are you sure about this little wolf?" Malcom sighed and looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"I don't have much of a choice, it's kill or be killed" I sighed

I stood up from the table and put my dishes in the sink . I stretched my muscles and my body was sore from all the stress.

"I'm going to shower maybe that will help me relax some." I looked at Malcom waiting for a response .

He stood up without saying a word and grabbed my hand. He was leading me up the stairs and down the hallway but instead of going to my bedroom he opened his bedroom door and pulled me inside.

"Malcom what are you doing" my heart was racing

"My shower is bigger and it has lots of jets its good for a sore body" he grinned

"Whats the matter little wolf" he chuckled and walked into the bathroom.

I heard him turn the water on and rummage through cabinets. My heart was racing and my skin was on fire. Did he plan on showering with me or was he just being sweet. Next thing I know Malcom walks out of the bathroom in nothing but his boxers. I can't help but stare he is absolutely gorgeous he let his hair down and it was cascading down his shoulders. I had to tear my eyes away when I realized he was talking to me.

"Hmm" I hummed in response to the words I didn't hear him speak

"Do you like what you see little one." His voice was heavy and lust was in his eyes

"Very much so" I caught myself off guard with my response I didn't mean to say that out loud. I began to blush fifty shades of red.

My response made Malcom growl low in his chest. He knew I wanted him and that was all he needed.

In one swift movement he was inches away from my lips I could feel his breath fanning my face.

"I want to hear you say it." His voice smooth almost a whisper.

I closed my eyes as my whole body reacted to him immediately.

"Say what " I huffed out breathless

"Say you're Mine"  he growled.