Chapter 5 and 6

I awake with a pounding headache and immediately start remembering all of the events that had just occurred. I jerk upright to realize I'm no longer in the nice plush bedroom that he referred to as ours. No, I'm in a stone room identical to the one I saw Izzie in, and similar to here my ankle is chained to the floor... Shit, I have to get her out of here. I can't believe she's alive. My heart aches to know that this is all my fault. I'm laying on a cot on the floor. There's a small window high up in the cell, but as always here I have no idea what time it is. All I can see are clouds and rain. I sit down on the cot and try to think of some way out of here and come up with approximately nothing. Before I have much time to think, the wooden door creaks open and I scramble to the farthest corner. A small woman walks inside with a tray of pastries and coffee. I recognize her as the same woman I saw in the dining room. I fall at her feet. "Please help me. He's crazy. He's going to kill me and my best friend." She silently puts the tray down and goes to leave again. She turns around right before she leaves and utters "He does love you, just give it time. You will grow to love him too." and with that, she shuts the door in my face. These people are all fucking crazy. I look at the tray. It's the same pastries as before with a cup of coffee and a glass of water. I consider throwing it at a wall, but I will need my strength to save Iz. Every time I even think of her name my heart fills with icy fury. As I tear into the pastries I try to think of a game plan. Finn comes to mind, but he and Lochlan seem pretty close, I don't see him trying to help me out. I could try seduction although I'm not sure he'd even believe it at this point. I grow frustrated and throw the now empty tray against the door. Sometimes the beast is just a beast and the castle is just a gilded cage. Belle was wrong.

Chapter 6

An indeterminate amount of time later my door opens once again and I'm surprised to see Finn stride in. I don't bother begging him to save me, I have a feeling his loyalties lie elsewhere. I stay curled up on the corner of my cot as he sits down at the end. "I knew the fun would come to an end, but I will admit I was hoping it would last just a bit longer." I remain silent waiting for some kind of explanation. "So basically Lochlan is going to marry you. He has to marry a mortal woman, specifically you. He's a prince of sorts and can't inherit his kingdom from his family without a mortal wife. The complicated part of it all is that well, I'm in love with him." I raise both eyebrows at him in shock. "Why can't he just marry you?." I ask with genuine curiosity. "As I said before he has to marry you. It's convoluted, but also simple. You are destined to be his wife and I will always just be his whore." He scoots closer to me and gets right up in my face. "If I could get away with smothering you where you lie I would." I curl back even further into the wall behind me. "You do not need to be afraid of me. He has to marry you. If I killed you then he would just kill me. Nothing I or you do will change our fates." he stands up and starts to leave. "I won't marry him. He can keep me locked here forever, but I won't ever belong to him." I bite out past the bile rising in my throat. He doesn't even bother turning around, just chuckles darkly and walks out locking the door from the outside with a clank. At this moment I realize how alone I am. I'm locked in a dungeon for lack of a better word with my best friend in an adjacent cell and am going to be forced to marry a man who is in love with his best friend. This is like some shitty sitcom. I know my options are low and I guess he can just force me to marry him, but I won't go easy. I have always had a strange relationship with living. After all the times I've tried to end it myself this feels like some kind of fucked up cosmic justice or something. I do know that whatever happens, I will save Iz. My life may not be worth much to me, but hers is worth everything. She will survive no matter what I have to do. It's at this moment I realize that's how he will force me to marry him willingly. If he lets her go, I'll marry him. That's the deal I'm going to pose to him. Iz will be furious, but I'm guessing he can wipe her memory or something so maybe she won't even remember me. She deserves a life of happiness without being brought into more of my shit. I also know that after she is gone and I know she is safe then maybe I can finally end it all and be free. With the thoughts of my plan churning around in my mind, I become quite aware that my end is probably coming soon.