14. Boulders !

We walked in the snow covered forest, you looked in awe around you, 'so pretty..' "huh..?" You blinked and looked at Tanjiro's shocked face and then back in front of you "E-Eh..?" You couldn't believe your eyes. Two huge boulder were in front of you.

'Is it going to help us..?' You shivered, you had a strange feeling as if you were being watched but you couldn't feel hostility from it so, you tried your best to ignore it.

"If you can slice this boulder, I will allow you to enter the Final Selection."

You slowly turned your head to look at him 'is he..going crazy ?' You looked back at the boulder, 'Is he lying..? To us..?' You looked back at Urokodaki with a forced smile as you felt veins pop out your forehead.

"Urokodaki-san, pardon me but..Is this a joke ?"

Urokodaki only started a you before shaking his head no softly.

"Ah, I see.."

'EHH ?!?! IS HE CRAZY ??? THE OLD MAN IS CRAZY !! How do you even slice a boulder like THAT ?!?'

You tried to keep a calm demeanor but inside your were panicking, a lot.

Tanjiro flinched and looked at you with a shocked face from the huge panicky scent that came from you.

"Y..Y/n..?"

You only looked at him with a smile but he could see the bead of sweats all over your face. 'Ehh..please calm down y/n..'

Urokodaki looked at you two before turning around and leaving.

"Urokodaki-san ?!?" Your calm demeanor broke and your started panicking even more.

"Urokodaki-san, please wait ! Urokodaki-san !!" Tanjiro tried calling out to him but it was too late and he wouldn't listen.

You and Tanjiro looked at each others with dotted eyes.

" . . . "

" . . . "

His face changed into a determined one as he took his sword and stared at the boulder.

"hAHH !" He tried to slice it but of course, the boulder didn't bulge and it only did a really loud noise, you could see a huge shiver pass Tanjiro's body as you stiffled a laugh.

"Pfft- Tan- Tanjiro ! Haha!"