ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Ember Doxon was your average three year old. Well...she was.

It was late June when the Doxon family had moved into their new house in Glenview, Illinois. Ember was helping, well trying to help, her older brother, Carter, carry some of the boxes into the house.

Ember, was struggling as she tried to push one of the many boxes on the driveway towards the door. "Em, why don't you go help mom unpack the boxes. Dad and I can handle the boxes." Carter laughed as he picked the box up from Ember.

"But I wanna welp." Ember pouted. Carter smiled at his baby sister's mispronunciation. "And I'm sure mom could use your help." Carted said, setting the box down on the ground before lowering himself to be level with his sister.

Ember gave him her best puppy dog eyes and almost got him to cave. Almost. "I don't want you to hurt yourself." He said, as he picked her up and carried her into the house. Setting her on the kitchen counter he turned to their mother.

"I brought you a little helper." He smiled, kissing his sister's temple. "Thank you Carter." Their mother, Serina, laughed as she picked up her little girl. Ember smiled as she snuggled into her mother's side.

"I think my little helper might be tired." their mother laughed. "Good thing Daddy already set up her bed." She said, walking up the stairs and towards her daughter's new bedroom. Serina laid her daughter on the bed, tucking her in.

As soon as Ember's head hit the pillow she was softly snoring. Serina smiled as she kissed her daughter's cheek before quietly shutting the door. Back to unpacking boxes, Serina had played some music quietly as her husband and son continued to bring in the rest of their belongings.

"George, where's the box of all the silverware?" Serina called out as she was relooking through all the boxes. "Right here, my dear." her husband said, with a smile, as he set the last box on the counter. "That's all of it." Carter said, wiping some sweat off his forehead. The three of them then continued to unpack the boxes and put things in their respectable places.

***

Hours later they were finally done with unpacking half the boxes. They had decided to take a break and continue tomorrow. While Serina was making dinner, Carter was helping his dad set up the tv. "Dad, I don't think, that's how you do it." Carted had furrowed brows as he watched his dad try and connect the tv to the wall.

"What do you mean? I think it looks fine." His father said, as he stepped back and looked at the tv. "It's crooked." Carted started. "Well, not if you turn your head." his dad then turned his head to the left so the tv wasn't crooked. Carted shook his head as he climbed up onto one of the ladders, motioning for his father to do the same.