ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

𝙴𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝙴𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

I had Sam's laptop in my hands as I walked towards Jack's bedroom. I knocked twice on the door before hearing Jack. "Who is it?" He asked. "It's me. Uh, Ember." I said. I slowly opened the door to be met with Jack standing in the middle of his bedroom.

Hey. I was kind of worried. You haven't come out since we set you up. And that's fine. You need your space. I get that." I said. I looked down at the ground before remembering the laptop.

"Anyway, I-I brought you something." I said, holding up the laptop. I motioned for him to sit down on the bed. Once he did I placed the laptop in his lap. "Um, before you were born, your mom left you a message. And I know you have a bunch of questions. And I wish I could answer them, but I'm hoping this is a start." I said, holding out a black and white flash drive.

Jack grabbed it from me looking at it with a small head tilt and furrowed brows. "Right. Yeah, here." I said, taking the flash drive from him and placing it in the computer. "Just push this button right here." I said, pointing to the keyboard. "Whenever you're ready." I said with a soft smile.

"Thank you." Jack said, looking up at me. I smiled, turning to leave the room, when Jack grabbed my wrist. "Can...can you stay?" he asked, with a sad innocent expression. Jack scooted over on the bed so I could sit next to him. He then placed the laptop in between us so we could both see.

Before he pressed the button to start the video I stopped him. "Are you sure you want me to be here? I mean, I want what's best for you but-" "I want you here." Jack said, looking me in the eyes. I nodded. "Okay." I whispered, as he pressed the button, starting the video.

"Hi, Jack. it's, uh...I'm your mom." Kelly smiled at the camera. "Uh, I guess I should tell you, um, I always wanted to be a mom. I played with dolls. I was that kind of girl. And daydream about my baby. Jack, don't let anyone tell you who you're supposed to be, because who you're supposed to be isn't fate. It isn't me. It isn't your father." Kelly exhaled shakily as she tried holding back her tears. "You are who you choose to be. And I know you're gonna be okay. You are gonna be amazing." Kelly laughed. "You have an angel watching over you. And a very brave and strong girl. And I know they will do everything to protect you." Kelly said, as she let her tears fall.

As the video ended, I saw as Jack tried to not cry. I placed my hand on his, interlocking our fingers. He looked over at me with a sad smile. "She's right. You are who you choose to be. And I will always protect you." I whispered, whipping a stray tear off his face.

"And I'll always protect you." Jack whispered back. I smiled, feeling myself lean in closer to him. Our faces were inches apart when someone knocked on the door. I jumped, backing away from Jack as I turned to see who was at the door.