ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕖𝕟

A/n:

Just want to say that I'm sorry for all the POV changes in the chapter.

𝙴𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝙴𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

I was sitting on my bed, legs criss-crossed, staring down at the book Lucifer gave me. I've been staring at the black and golden cover for about 45 minutes. As much as I wanted to know about my mother, I just couldn't bring myself to read it.

I mean, the woman clearly didn't give a rat's ass about me 'cause she left me on a stranger's doorstep. I let out a heavy sigh as I slowly opened the book. On the first page there was a picture of a woman and what looked to be a 6-year-old girl. I furrowed my brows as I read the names that were written under the photo.

Luna and Jade Alecto.

"What?" I mumbled. I then turned the page again and it looked as though this was someone's diary.

I had the baby last night. Jade was excited to meet her new sister but I was terrified.
I never thought I would have another child. So, I must get rid of her.I can't keep her safe and Crowley will be coming to collect any day now.

Collect? What's that supposed to mean? She kept me from my father. Crowley said she left me with strangers to keep me from ever meeting him. Was he lying? What am I thinking of course he wasn't. For all I know Lucifer could have made all of this up. I then continued to read.

I don't want to abandon my little girl, but it's for the best.
I found a nice family that lives a few states over.I've been communicating with them, and they've agreed to take the baby.
I visited them a few months back.
They have a sweet little boy and I made sure to put warding up around the house.
I hope this will be enough to protect my little girl from that monster.
My biggest regret will always be that deal I made five years ago.
I called Serina this morning letting her know about the baby.
She told me that George would pick her up later tonight.
I found a spell that will help me make Jade forget about all this.
I just hope my little girl knows that I'm sorry and I love her very much.

I didn't realize I was crying until one of my tears landed on the paper. I quickly wiped it away, as someone knocked on my door. "Come in." I voiced, putting the book in the drawer of my nightstand. "Hey." Sam said, as he poked his head from behind the door. "I was wondering if you wanted to help me explain some of the major things that are happening in our world." He said. "Uh...sure." I smiled, climbing out of my bed and following Sam to the Library.

***

Sam had set up a bulletin board with photos and newspaper clipping with all the information. "The ice caps are melting. People marching. A little bit of, uh, craziness in the movie world. Businessman billionaire mogul turned President, embroiled in yet another controversy." Sam explained.