𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷.𝟷𝟿

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐
PARADIS YEAR 850
BATTLE OF TROST CONT.
└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

You walked along the top of the wall, nodding towards the soldiers that passed by. Soon the battle between humanity and titans would continue, as Eren attempted to seal the hole.

You noticed the boy muttering to himself as you continued to walk before he placed his arm out to stop you, "Where'd you disappear to?"

"Was catching up with everyone", You shrugged innocently—The lies rolled off your tongue with ease.

He let out a low hum, "I was surprised to see you back up here. Figured you would be leading the squads down below".

"Apparently I'm going to join the elite squad", You muttered, shrugging slightly, "I guess in case I have to save your sorry ass" you finished with a grin.

"Right", He chuckled lightly, "Mikasa's being sent to the decoy squad."

"I figured they would have her join the elite with me, considering she's the top in our class", You added as the two of you walked over to Mikasa and Armin.

You couldn't help but notice her grim expression as she stood between the two of you. It wasn't hard to see that something was bothering her, and if you had to take a guess you'd place your bets on it being about Eren.

Your suspicions were confirmed when she began pulling at the hem of her scarf nervously, "Eren. I really think I should...".

"Don't even think of coming with me", He interrupted making you raise your eyebrows at his tone, "They assigned you to the decoy squad."

"But I can't leave you all alone! It'll happen again if... ", She stuttered out with pleading eyes.

She was scared. Scared of losing him again. scared that he wouldn't get a third chance at life. It was a valid fear, as hours ago she had been under the impression that he was dead.

You knew she didn't want to have to go through that again.

"Enough, already! I told you before! I'm not your little brother or your kid!", He yelled out before a higher ranking officer came over to interrupt his outburst. 

"Ackermann. Join the elite squad that'll protect Jaeger. We'll need your skills", They announced before running off.

"You've got to be kidding", Eren muttered in defeat.

"Well now that that's all figured out we should probably go", You muttered nodding towards the retreating figure, "See you, Armin. Don't die on me", You called out as you passed him.

"Mm. You too", He smiled sending you a wave as you ran behind the rest of the squad.

"We're almost to the shortest route to the rock", A squad member informed as you continued to run along the rooftops.

"I don't see any Titans in the area. Their decoy tactic must be working", You added as you scanned the scene to see empty streets.

"Listen! All we have to do is lure them into a corner of town! Avoid any unnecessary fighting", She announced as the rest of the squad nodded along.

"Just so you're aware, Jaeger... More than just a few soldiers will likely die during this operation. All for you. Our colleagues, our seniors, and our juniors. They're prepared to die, of course. They're soldiers. But, they aren't faceless pawns", She continued sending him a look.

Why the hell see is she saying this all now? Its not like it will help anything. If anything it will just make the boy more of a nervous wreck then he already is.