Chapter 1: Morning

The light of the pale blue sky creaked through the cracks of the blinds that hung covering the window beside the bed I slept on. The rays of light blasted my eyes even when I faced away which forced me to finally sit up.
I sat up trying to realize where I was as I examined my lovely room.

It was cramped as hell and held only four pieces of furniture that barely even fit.
The bed is perfectly in place touching both walls with a tall dresser right beside the head frame with a small desk across at the other end. The closet was on the other side of the dresser with its own window across from it. The main door was right across from the bed close to the closet with a large empty space beside it enough for another desk or table.

This isn't my room...

Realization hit me right as Blue, sang a good morning chirp before perching on my head, Adding to my hallucination.
I opened the blinds beside me almost breaking the contraption as I saw the other human buildings surrounding Eda's house, Or what she calls her apartment/cafe, which was perfectly placed where you could see the two separate sides of town. The Tall massive buildings that were Identical to one another were to the left of me while the shorter and much older buildings that had been here longer lay to the right of me. Yet despite the tall buildings nearby, it didn't help much as the sun still somehow made its way into my room perfectly hitting my face.

We're in the middle of downtown in Eda's hometown of called Gravesfield. The town was too big for Eda to be calling it a "small town" that never once had a moment of peace and quiet. Weird vehicles roamed the street and humans constantly were outside doing whatever they did no matter the time.

"Oh shit, I really am stuck here...," I said as I put my head on my right hand forcing Blue to hop down to my left shoulder.

Blue chirped asking me what was wrong as I quickly released my head and ruffled his stomach feathers much to his appreciation.
"I'm just waking up finally," I told Blue as the door busted open revealing a 4-year-old toddler at the doorway with his owl-printed pajamas on. He had light-tanned skin, orange-ish gold eyes along with light orange hair as he ran to me grabbing my right arm.
Instead of my usual instinct to drop-kick or blast any kid that touches me, I held back as this wasn't my territory anymore. Nor was it my realm.

"Lushia! Eda said foods ready!" Owlbert said as I nodded before he ran out, closing the door. I could still hear his footsteps as he ran over to my sister's room next door yelling the same thing. I could hear only cause our small closets connected to one another.
I caught myself smiling at the kid but didn't scold myself as it was funny how Eda's kid (and yes his name is Owl-Bert), couldn't pronounce my name making the C sound like sh.

I stretched my bare arms out in front of me as Blue hopped back on my head before he flew away up onto my empty dresser. I began to put my long untamed hair into a low ponytail, leaving the smaller hairs, my parted bangs, alone.
I should have gotten a haircut...

"I really need to unpack and buy decor," I spoke to Blue as I looked at my small compact room I have to call home for the next few days, or months I think? Blue chirped in delight of course with his dumb little gaze.
"I'll get you a comfy bed too."
I said earning another chirp before I got out of bed and stretched my arms high above my head. I went over to my black duffel bag that was hidden on the other side of the dresser and poured the clothing and other essentials I had all over on the desk for when I came back and cleaned up.

last night was Luz's and I arrival to the human realm.
It all happened quickly with my mom telling us about her last-minute assigned mission and then yelling at me and Luz to hurry up while we ran around the house.
It got no better soon after as we had to fly a great distance from Bonesbourrough to a far-hidden area only my mom knew and where she hid the portal.
I don't quite remember the whole explanation my mom gave me during our trip over to the island as it had taken maybe three hours to arrive and even then it was late at night by the time we all landed. Even then we had to walk a great distance to a fallen tower where mom had hidden the key and the case that was the portal. Anyway, All I know for certain is that we'll be in the human realm for a certain amount of days, which I don't entirely mind, and that I have to take care of both the portal key and my sister now. My mom, somehow, trusted me enough to take care of it as she knew she'd lose the key, hence why she chose to leave it at the secluded island, and would rather have us running home instead of being stuck in the human realm with no way home.