West Side Story: Chapter 3

(Y/N's POV)

Dally had came in my room to tell me that I could go to the movies and that he was going too. I didn't say anything because I was still mad at him for earlier.

The movie we watched was "West Side Story" which was my favorite movie.

I went to sit next to Pony but then Dally stopped me. "Your not sitting next to him." Dally whispered in my ear.

"Yes I am Dallas. You can't stop me from sitting next to my best friend!" I replied then I pushed him and sat next to Ponyboy.

(Dally's POV)

I think I might have gone a little too far in my argument with Y/N earlier.

I mean Ponyboy is her best friend and just because she likes him doesn't mean that I should stop her from talking to him. Right?

(Y/N's POV)

"I'm going to go get snacks alright guys?" Pony said a couple minutes into the movie.

"Hey, Pony. I'll go with you!" I said and got up quickly so that Dally wouldn't have time to stop me.

When we got to the concession stand there was a long line so I knew we would be there for a while.

"So what's up with you and Dally? What happened?" Pony asked me and I felt my cheeks get red. I don't want to lie to him but I definitely DO NOT want to tell him the truth.

"Well, earlier he took my diary and he found out who I have a crush on, then he told me that I'm not allowed to hang out with him alone anymore." I told him. It was the truth just not all of the small details.

"Who do you like?" Pony asked me.
I didn't know how to respond to that.

"You know him. He's in the gang. That's what made me so mad that I'm not allowed to hang out with him anymore because I dated Steve and Dally didn't have a problem with it." I responded and all he said was "Oh".

After a while we got our snacks and drinks and we sat back down. When the movie ended we all started walking our separate ways.

"Maybe I was too hard on you earlier Y/N/N." Dally said breaking the awkward silence between us.

"You think?" I replied in a sarcastic tone. I was still mad at him but at least he knew how stupid he was.

"You can hang out with Ponyboy, but if he EVER and I mean EVER hurts you I will snap him in half like a twig!" Dally stated.

"You don't have to worry about that he doesn't like me anyways." I replied.

With that we he hugged me and we went home.

(Pony's POV)

When we got home I went to my room so that I could finish my homework.

A few minutes later Soda came in and tried to sleep.

"Hey Soda, can I ask you something?" I asked him

"You just did but sure what's up?" Soda replied.

"How do you know when a girl likes you?"

"Well that kind of depends on the girl, but sometimes she will want to be around you more, she might start trying to get you to notice her by dressing nicer or getting out of her comfort zone, or she'll just ignore you entirely unless you talk to her first" Soda explained

"Ok and uh one more thing how do you tell a girl that you like her?" I asked

"I don't know because I cant tell you how to tell her. You have to go with your gut, do what you think is right."

"Alright thanks Soda, I think I have an idea." After that I went back to finishing my homework and Soda went back to trying to sleep.

"Hey Ponyboy? Do you like Y/N?" soda asked me.

"Pftttt no! Where would you get that idea?" I replied

"Okay Pony." He said and with that we both decided to go to bed.

(Soda's POV)

I'm not stupid. I know that Ponyboy likes Y/N. I can see it in his eyes when he talks to her.

I can also tell that she likes him. You can tell by the way she talks to him and acts around him.

I know they like each other, and I'm making it my job to make sure that they end up together no matter what Dally or anyone else in the gang might say.

Word count: 749