God I Can't Wait: Chapter 8

A/N
For the sake of the story. If you have short hair already, just pretend you didn't, and if you have blonde hair already just pretend that you have dark hair.

(Y/N's POV)

After we got off of the train I knew exactly where to go.

When we got to the church I immediately went back to bed. I was hoping that I'd just wake up and it would all be a dream. I would be back home in my bed. I'd go on a walk and see that blue mustang, then Bob and Randy would both get out of the car and chase me all the way to Buck's or The Curtis's.

Sadly that didn't happen. When I woke up Johnny was gone and Pony was sitting next to me with my head in his lap.

"Mornin' sunshine" Pony said when he realized that I woke up.

He started calling me sunshine when we were watching the sun rise the other day. He told me that when he looks at me I remind him of the sun. Because of my bright personality and how I bring light into his life. When he said that I thought it was weird and cheesy.

I mean it still is but I guess it makes sense. Right now is one of the darkest times we've been through. Even when we were just friends we never went through this much.

Wow. I wished I could be back in that moment. Before I killed a boy. Before I was on the run.

"Good morning my love." I replied whilst rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I sat up and he immediately threw his arms around me and pulled me onto his lap.

It reminded me of how a mom would hold their child when it was raining or when they had a bad dream.

The only mother figure I ever really had was Mrs. Curtis. My biological mother was always abusive mentally and physically. That's why when Dallas ran away he always took me with him. He always had it worse than I did and he was always afraid that if he left without me the. I would get it twice as bad as he did.

Mr. and Mrs. Curtis were both like parents to me.

I wish they were still here. If they were still here then I would probably not be in this position. Pony never would have gotten slapped by Darry. They would have never came to the park and I would have gotten home safe.

"Did you sleep good?" Pony asked me.

"I did. Until I woke up and realized that it all wasn't a dream." I replied while I buried my face in the crook of his neck.

"I know, but there's nothing you can do about it now. It was self defense." He said in a solemn voice.

After a while he lied down. With me laying on top of him. It was silent for a while. The only sounds I could hear were the birds chirping and his heart beating.

It was a miracle to me how his heart was beating so normally. I could feel my heart beating hard and fast.

It had been about five minutes when Johnny came back.

He had gone to the store and bought some bread, bologna, peanut butter, a pair of scissors, and some stuff to bleach Pony's hair.

When they finished with dying and cutting Pony's hair. They cut Johnny's.

They came back into the church and told me that we needed to do something with my hair.

Johnny cut my hair and bleached it. My hair didn't look bad it just wasn't me. I knew I'd get used to it. It was cute and I liked it. It just didn't feel like me.

It was shorter in the back and longer in the front

It felt odd because my hair has been long since like forever.

I liked the blonde thought. It suited me. At least I think so.

Maybe being here at the church wasn't so bad.

It wasn't ideal, but it was better than getting the electric chair for murder.

Even though it was better than that. God. I can't wait for Dally to come see me.

(Dally's POV)

Word had gotten out that Y/N was the person who killed Bob.

Sylvia was ecstatic when she fouydnd out that Y/N had left for a while. She said that she finnaly got me all to herself.

She was always jealous of my little sister because I love Y/N more than Sylvia. And I also prioritize her.

Sylvia and I were sitting in my room laying down when she again decided to bring up the fact that Y/N killed someone. The last time she brought it up I had to fight the urge to hit her.

I never hit women but i really wanted to in that moment.

"I can't believe little Y/N would ever do something like that. She'd never hurt a fly. I bet she was crying her eyes out the moment she did it." She said through muffled laughs

"Can you shut up!" I said sort of yelling.

"Why do you care so much! Shes just a stupid 15 year old. She can do fine on her own babe. Just don't even worry abo-" she started until I cut her off.

"Get out. Now. Get. Out." I yelled

"What? Why?" She asked.

"Because she is my little sister and I don't need you or anyone else trash talking her when she's not around. So get out. And we're over by the way. This time for good."

"What no! Dallas. We can work this out baby. Just come on we can do this."

"No Sylvia no. Go. Get out. And don't call me babe. Go." I replied. Finally she got up and left.

As soon as she closed my door I broke down.

I couldn't stand the idea of my little sister getting taken away from me forever. Her, Johnny, and Ponyboy are the only people keeping me alive right now, but if Y/N were to get taken away from me. It wouldn't matter if I still had those two boys.

If I lost her. I would probably take my own life.

After I got done crying I went to her room and just started looking around.

I don't know why I just did. I came across her diary. I knew I shouldn't have done it but I opened it and started looking through the pages.

I came across an entry for her first day of school in Tulsa.

We had came from New York in the summer and we met the gang. I was 14 and she was 11.

When we became friends with the gang Mr and Mrs. Curtis practically took us in as their own.

We stayed with them for a while until I mean Buck. Then he let us stay with him.

I had spent every day with Y/N. She was going into the 6th grade and it would be her first day without me in a few months.

That's when the diary entry started. It was odd and cheesy but it made me tear up.

{Today was my first day of middle school. I didn't want to go. I didn't like the idea of being without Dallas for eight hours straight. I knew that I would have Johnny and Pony with me. I was terrified. But when school ended Dallas was right by the door waiting for me. When I was without him for eight hours and he wasn't right next to me, or there to defend me, or do anything for me. I realized how much he means to me. I love my big brother Dallas.}

She was only 11 when she wrote it but it still hit too close to home for me. I felt so stupid to just be tearing up at the thought of my sister caring so much about me but I did. God, I can't wait to go and see her.

Word count: 1357

A/N
I hate this chapter bro. It's so bad but hey it's something. BUT I POSTED TWO DAYS IN A ROW
There are also probably a lot of spelling errors I just was too laze to go back and proof read.