When Marinette Meets Her Future Self

Summary: Marinette meets her future self after the events of Strike Back.

A/N: I began writing this before Evaluation was released, along with any leaks or spoilers began coming out. Now that I've heard of what's going to canonically happen, I am aware this doesn't involve the same plot. This was just my take on imagining what would happen after the events of Strike Back. As much as I love Cat Noir's encouraging pep talk to Ladybug, I can't help but think that the one person that would get through to her besides her Kwami or her partner would in fact be herself. So, after that, this was born.
I believe I began writing this on May 20th, 2022, and I finished it on June 13th. I finished this only a couple weeks after I had the idea, which frankly is a new personal record in a very long time. I hope you all enjoy the one shot, and if you do, please give it a like, and a share. Thanks so much, see you in the next one shot, and I hope you enjoy! :)

Warning: Spoilers from s3e 19 & 21 Timetagger, Cat Blanc and s4e 25 & 26: Risk and Strike Back.

She had failed.

No matter how much reassurance she got from her Cat, she knew she screwed up bad. Even more when Master Fu had no other choice but to give up his Guardianship over to her. From day one Marinette knew she wasn't fit for the role as Ladybug, no matter how many times people have told her otherwise. And there wasn't anyone else to blame but herself.

Once Hawkmoth disappeared, and the city slowly starting going back to normal, Ladybug turned toward her partner, who was looking at her with avid concern. Ladybug knew her partner was worried about her, and didn't want to leave her alone by herself, but she needed to get home. Not only for her parents' sake, but also she needed to talk to Tikki, to come up with a plan, and figure out what their next move was. Not to mention that her soul begged to be left alone to mourn.

"You're leaving, aren't you?" Cat asked eying her wearily. Ladybug slowly nodded, rubbing the left over tears from her eyes.
"I need to talk to Tikki, and at least try to get a bit of rest. We need to get our energy up because we don't know when Hawk Moth will strike first. And I need to make sure my parents don't realize I've left." Ladybug said, her voice tired and weak. Cat nodded hesitantly, before pulling her in a hug.

"If you need me, LB, meet me at this spot, and keep me in the loop. You're not alone, and you can't handle something this big by yourself. Let me in. I want to help you, so please let me do that," Cat pleaded.
"It's just you and me against the world, Kitty," Ladybug said with a pained smile.
"Always," he whispered before kissing her cheek, and Ladybug knew that was when she had to take her leave. It'd be better that way. For both of them.

🐞~~~🐈‍⬛

Her room never felt more lonely and quiet.
"Spots off," she whispered and Tikki appeared in front of her, looking concerned.
"Are you okay, Marinette?" She asked in a small voice. Marinette's dark hair was coming out of her signature pigtails, and were soaked, but she didn't pay any mind. Her hair was the least of her worries at this moment. Marinette fumbled for her pajamas, grabbing a long sleeved shirt instead of her usual tank top. After dressing she wrapped her drenched hair up in a towel, not even bothering to comb it. What was the point anyway?

Marinette never responded to Tikki's question, and Tikki didn't know how to comfort her holder. She also knew Marinette well enough to know she wasn't in the mood to talk after the day she's had. Turning off the light, Marinette climbed up her ladder to her bed before faceplanting into her pillow, and grabbing a stuffed animal next to it. Tikki slowly and hesitantly settled down on Marinette's shoulder to at least give her a bit of comfort. For the next hour Marinette let herself cry one last time. Tomorrow she could put on a brave face, but as of right now, she had to let go of those pent up emotions. Before she knew it, she had cried herself to sleep.