I Still Can't Control It...

(Phew, I got here safely.) Werewolf Cookie thought to himself as he entered an empty part of the alleyway he ran into, away from all the eyes that were watching him. (I have to take this off, without Kumiho here there's no telling what would happen if I lost control.)

As quick as he could, Werewolf grabbed the magical tooth pendant from his neck and took it off. As soon as he did, he felt himself transform. His wolf ears shrank back into his head, and his grey outfit changed back into his dark orange school uniform. Finally, his socks and shoes faded back into existence as his large black coat shrank back down to his dark grey hoodie.

He sighed with relief, he was back to being Pepper Cookie.

(That's much better.) Pepper thought to himself as he leaned against one of the walls. (Now, I wonder where Kumiho is. She normally would be back by now.)

"Wolfie! Are you here?" Pepper heard a familiar voice call from a different entrance to the alleyway. Turning his head, he felt an even greater sense of relief as he saw Kumiho hurry towards him, heading into his arms.  "Ah Wolfie! You already transformed!"

"Yeah, but you should keep it down Kumi. Someone could hear us you know." Pepper reminded her. "And who knows what would happen if people found out who we really are."

"Ah right." Kumiho said, softer and quieter than she speaking before. "Sorry, I keep forgetting. Here, I'll transform too and we can go home."

Quickly, Kumiho sat down on the floor to reach her magical anklet and took it off. Upon doing so, Kumiho's hair began to get a bit shorter, her twintails now only reaching her chest, and her eyes went from bright red to a soft blue. Her whiskers and tails disappeared and her red hanbok transformed back into her school uniform. To finish it off, her overall appearance became less fox-like and more like a regular cookie. She was once again Blueberry Marshmallow Cookie.

"There." Blueberry Marshmallow said as she stood up and put her anklet in her pocket. Once it was in, she immediately sent one of her hands to grab onto one of Pepper's. "Now we should head back Pep Pep, it's getting late AND we have exams tomorrow."

"Right." Pepper replied, quickly dodging Blueberry Marshmallow's hand, wrapping his arm around her waist, and pulling her in closer, making her giggle a bit. "Let's head out, ok Berry?"

"Mm hm!"

Pepper let go of Blueberry Marshmallow and took her hand instead as the two left the alleyway. With it being rather late, Anicracker City was quiet. Very few cookies were out, giving the city a rather relaxing atmosphere. Of course this wouldn't last forever. Soon enough all the late-night businesses will open and the city would become busy once again.

It was one of the reasons this was Pepper's favorite time of the day. He never liked crowds, and the city was so peaceful during this passing period. Perfect for taking a walk or just hanging out on a date with Blueberry Marshmallow.

As the two walked, Blueberry Marshmallow pulled out her phone and went to Magica, like she always did after a fight. Pepper smiled a bit, but didn't read over her shoulder. Unlike Blueberry Marshmallow, Pepper wasn't really one to see what people thought of him. Not because he didn't care, but because he was scared of what he would come across.

With his lack of control over his powers, there were many netizens criticizing him for his every move. Some left hateful comments, even sometimes saying he should just quit being a Magical Cookie altogether. And for a while, he believed them.

It's been a few months since he opened up to Blueberry Marshmallow about it, and it led to the biggest fight they've ever had. Pepper was so convinced quitting being a Magical Cookie was the best for everyone, but Blueberry Marshmallow knew they worked better as a team and that neither of them could work as a Magical Cookie alone. It was a long argument, but in the end they came to a compromise. They both would continue as Magical Cookies, but they would train together in the woods every weekend to hopefully help Pepper control his powers.

To make sure he didn't get such stupid thoughts from people on the internet, Pepper ended up deleting all his social media apps, and ever since then he started feeling less stressed and upset. The haters words couldn't get to him anymore, and Blueberry Marshmallow was more than happy to keep him updated on all the latest news. Having a break from social media was the best thing he could've done.

"Hey Pep Pep, I think you should see this." Blueberry Marshmallow said, holding her phone up to Pepper. He snapped out of his thoughts and looked down at the screen, which was showing a comments conversation on Magica.

[FurryBuddy]: Awww! Kumiho and Werewolf make such a great team!

[KumiWolf4Eva]: Right?!?! I can't believe there are some people who think Werewolf should just quit! It's clear these two make the perfect team.

[MagiYes]: Wait, people think Werewolf should quit?! Why?!?!

[FurryBuddy]: Pretty sure it's because of how he has a hard time controlling his powers...

[MagiYes]: What?!? Didn't they both just debut a few months ago? With powers like his I'd be surprised if ANYONE could control them well by now.

[KumiWolf4Eva]: THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYING! Werewolf's powers seem really hard to control! It's not his fault he has them! Plus, he's definitely been getting better at controlling them!

"Are these about, me?" Pepper asked softly, shocked by the kind words shared in the online conversation.

"They are." Blueberry Marshmallow confirmed. "And they're not the only ones. I've seen so many other kind comments about you, especially recently. I know you don't like looking at comments online, but I thought you should know just how many fans you really have. You did make it to number 13 in last month's popularity ranking after all."

"Berry, thank you. I think I really needed that." Pepper said, kissing Blueberry Marshmallow on her forehead. "Ah, we're here already. We should get get some sleep, it's gonna be a long day tomorrow."

"Right. I hate exams..."

"Me too, but I'm sure we'll do well. We did study a lot after all. Now let's get inside, before the evening crowd comes in."

"Ok, right behind you Pep Pep!"