The Death of Parfait Cookie

{Yes I was inspired by PoptartCandy34 again-

Also this is a what-if. Not cannon (at least not yet)}  

"Urrg!" Parfait cried as she was sent flying into a building. It was an ordinary day for her and her friends, at least until a massive Red Velvet Dragon came into Scoop City and started destroying the city. Knowing they had to stop it, Parfait transformed with her two best friends, Wind Archer and Pumpkin Pie, and started to fight it. Things weren't looking good, and all three of them had really bad injuries.

"Parfait! What should we do?" Pumpkin Pie yelled to her, dodging the dragon's fire.

"I'm not sure! It doesn't seem like anything we're doing is hurting it!" Parfait replied.

"We're hurting it alright, but not much!" Wind Archer stated, loading another arrow in his bow and shooting it at the dragon.

The battle continued on, the three being able to weaken the dragon further. But in the end, it was almost no use. The dragon nearly had them beat.

"This isn't working, we have to wait for backup!" Wind Archer said as Parfait, Pumpkin Pie, and Pompon got blasted into another building.

"We can't just stand here though! Who knows what else the dragon could do to the city if we stop!" Parfait exclaimed.

"Parfait, there's nothing we can do. We have to wait!"

Parfait looked again at the dragon. Once she did, an idea formed in her head.

"Wait, I could use my Piercing Note attack at full force on the dragon if I can get close enough. It should be weak enough for it to work!"

"Parfait don't! With your condition, that'll kill you!"

"I know, but I can't just let this dragon terrorize the city! I'm so sorry Wind Archer, Pumpkin Pie, Pompon. I have to."

Before she could head in for the attack, Pumpkin Pie hugged Parfait from behind.

"Parfait, please don't leave us. We need you. We all need you! Please don't go..."

"Pumpkin Pie, I'll try. I'll try to stay alive, for everyone. Wish me luck ok?"

"O-ok..."

"Parfait!"

Parfait turned around only to see Wind Archer standing right behind her, next to Pumpkin Pie and Pompon, holding his arms out.

"Parfait, if you're really gonna do this, then can I at least give you one last hug?"

"Of course."

Parfait embraced Wind Archer, and in doing so she could feel the tears flowing down his cheeks. Looking over at Pumpkin Pie, she saw the same sorrow-filled tears. She knew what it meant.

No matter what she did, she was almost certainly going to die.

"Parfait." Wind Archer said, snapping Parfait back to reality. "I love you. Please, don't leave us here. Ok?"

"Wind Archer, I love you too. And I promise I'll do everything I can to survive."

The two parted with a kiss, and Parfait ran over to the dragon to take it down once and for all. It wasn't easy to get into the perfect position to launch her attack, and suffered several more injuries as a result, but finally it was time. Parfait lifted her hand in the air, ready to strum her guitar.

(Wind Archer Cookie, Pumpkin Pie Cookie, Pompon, Rock Candy Cookie, everyone who's supported me over the years.) Parfait thought to herself. (This one's for you.)

Parfait struck her guitar and let out the highest note she could manage, causing a huge shockwave to envelop the dragon. The Red Velvet Dragon let out a huge roar of pain before it collapsed.

With Wind Archer and Pumpkin Pie, they watched the dragon fall with both great relief and worry.

"The dragon, it's down. She really did it." Pumpkin Pie said, looking at what was the battlefield.

"Yeah, but Parfait. What if she?" Wind Archer asked, unable to finish his sentence. With great urgency, he ran right up to the now defeated dragon, looking for the cookie he held dear.

"Parfait!" Wind Archer cried. "Where are you? Please be alive..."

It didn't take too much searching to find her, but Wind Archer let out a gasp once he did. Parfait was laying face down on the floor, her guitar destroyed. Scratches, scrapes, burns, and other injuries all over her body. Wind Archer knelt down on both knees and pulled Parfait's body close to him. She was still breathing, but it was very weak, and her eyes wouldn't open.

"Wind Archer! Is she ok?" Pumpkin Pie asked, having finally caught up with him.

"Quick, call the hospital. She's very weak and, I don't know how much longer she can hold on." Wind Archer replied, not looking away from Parfait.

"O-ok! I'll call one right now!"

As Pumpkin Pie got out her phone to call the hospital, Wind Archer stayed where he was, taking one of Parfait's hands and holding it in his own.

"Parfait, please stay with us. Please stay with me. I don't want you to go..."

The ambulance came about 30 minutes later, but it wasn't enough. Only a couple of days went by before Clover and Pumpkin Tart got the notice that the doctors weren't expecting her to make it.

5 agonizing days later, the news came that shocked the world and broke hearts all over Earthbread.

Parfait Cookie, the hugely popular and widely beloved idol/Magical Cookie, had died both from her injuries and exhaustion. The idol of everyone's hopes and dreams had given up her life for the lives of thousands of others.

At the realization of the news, Clover broke down and cried, with Pumpkin Tart joining in suit. While they shared no words, they knew what each other were thinking.

(Sundae, wherever you are, please show us the light like you always would. I'm not sure we can keep going without you.)

{Not me making myself cry as I wrote this ✌️Anyways-}