Detention Pt. 3

"Go on and kiss me already nerd." 

You took a shaky breath and placed your lips onto Eddie's, not really knowing what to do after this step. You felt Eddie's lips curl into a grin as his hands instinctivly went to your hair, his fingertips grazing your scalp and making you shiver.

You were gratefully Eddie was leading you, bending down more to help you reach him just a bit better. Your lips moved slowly together making your cheeks light up. Finally, you were the one to pull away due to being slightly breathless. You looked up at Eddie whose eyes were dancing over you, a soft glow to them in the new moonlight. 

"Never thought you would be a good kisser. Y/N." 

You looked at him and grinned ear to ear, a laugh building up in you. Eddie Munson was congratulating you on your kissing skills? What words to hear. You stood up and dusted off your legs and bottom and held out your hand to Eddie who took it without question. 

"Let's go to my house." You suggested, picking up his bag and handing it to him as you lead him towards the fence you had earlier jumped over. 

"Inviting me over this early? You must really like me." 

You scoffed and hoisted yourself up onto the fence and climbed as you had before, slowly and carefully. Luckily this time was easier and you got down with ease, not flashing Eddie this time.  The two of you got back into his car and you tried to explain where you lived to him. 

"Y/N, not to be creepy but I know where you live. It's a small ass town." 

"Yeah, you're right." 

The car ride was less awkward this time, you leaned back in the sit and let the evening wind blow through your hair. For once, you truly felt alive. You didn't feel stuck like you usually did, you felt as if you could take on the world and everything in it with him by your side. You gently placed your hand overtop of his on the gearshift and stared out the windsheild. If it was not weird then, it definitely was now.

"I'll help you shift, here." Eddie put your hand underneath of his, the warmness of the gear shift rubbing into your palm. He intertwined your fingers, his rough hands laying carefully on yours, almost like if he  pressed too hard your hand would shatter. 

You took a deep breath to try and calm your racing heart. You were surprised he couldn't somehow feel your pulse in your hand. You flinched a bit as he grabbed your hand a bit harder to shift the gear, using your hand to guide it into place. You thought you were going to die, your head was racing with too many thoughts and going way faster than the car ever could. You hadn't even realized you were home until Eddie moved his hand and got out of the car to go to your door. 

"Earth to airhead, we are here now." 

You stepped out of the car and waited until Eddie handed you your backpack so you could get your keys out. It looked like only your mom was home which would be good. One less parent to explain Eddie to. You jingled your keys as you made your way up the sidewalk to the front door, unlocking it and stepping in. 

"Y/N?" Your mom called out from the kitchen. 

"Hi mom! It's me." You tossed down your bag and gestured for Eddie to do the same who was still barely in the doorway. You peaked into the kitchen to see her cooking something that looked like pasta. Dad was the one who usually cooked but you assumed he was still at your uncles house watching football. 

"I brought a friend home is that's okay?" 

Your mom looked up to see Eddie who was trying to hide behind you but very obviously failed. He was not the most... well... normal looking. He looked like the type of young man who would key your car then set it on fire. He wore black ripped jeans, a very odd Slayer shirt, and way too many accessories. 

"Hi! You're Munson's boy right?" 

"Yep that's my uncle, ma'am. My names Eddie." 

You were taken aback by his cool tone and usage of manners. You didn't know he was even capable of such a thing. 

"Well Eddie sweetie, you're welcome over anytime. If you guys need anything just ask." 

"Thanks, mom." You lead the way up the stairs to your room. You were hoping that it was actually clean. You were just here this morning but couldn't remember for the life of you. You slowly opened your door and breathed a sigh of relief as you saw it was actually quite tidy, your bed was even made which you assumed your mom did for you. 

"Why did you go so nice huh?" You snickered as you placed your backpack down beside your desk and plopped down onto your bed. 

"To make a good impression fucking idiot." He shut your door and stepped more into the room, looking around at your many posters and decor. 

"This is actually pretty cool." He stood awkardly and stared at you. 

"You can sit down you know." You pat the bed beside you and gesture for him to sit down. He hesitently slid off his shoes and sat down on your bed, sinking into the soft comforter. You could tell he was anxious and it kind of surprised you. Eddie seemed like the toughest guy around until it came to being in a girls bedroom. 

You laid back, staring at the cieling with way too many glow in the dark stars. You should take some down sometime but it was too hard. You felt Eddie lay down beside you and take a deep breath. Your shoulders were softly touching, his were somewhat broad, maybe because he jumped fences so often. Though Eddie was a "bad boy," he was an absolute loser who played weird board games. But, maybe that wasn't so bad. 

"You know, Y/N, I never thought this day would happen."

You smiled softly and turned to look at him. He stared up at the ceiling with a smile on his face lightly shaking his head. His smile made your heart melt. It was so genuine and happy and could spread like a wildfire. You scooted closer to him and laid your head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. Surprisingly he was quite calm. He laid his hand on your shoulder and and ran his hand up and down your arm in a comforting manner. You sighed happily and moved closer to him, your legs intertwining with his. 

"Thank you, Y/N." 

You carefully moved your head and looked up at him. "For what?" 

"For just being here with me today. It means alot." 

"Well you did kidnap me so I had no choice." 

His eyes looked a little hurt which made your gut lurch. It was odd but you hated that look even if you had never seen it before. 

"I'm kidding. I had more fun then I ever have before. Thank you Eddie." 

He grinned and placed a kiss on the top of your head and held you tightly to him. You never knew you would be in such a place with Eddie Munson of all people but honestly, you would never complain. You didn't think you would want to be with anyone else.