Chapter Ten

It's been one month since Lamar's birthday cruise and everyone was back to reality

It's been one month since Lamar's birthday cruise and everyone was back to reality. Business was doing good as usual at Paris's Boutique, Sasha and Aniyah's Beauty Bar, and Cordell's Carwash. Ever since Paris has been back at home, she has been outlining ideas on possibly starting her own clothing line. She was finally ready to start taking the possible steps to get her clothing more out into the world and she was excited.

Currently, she was at home sitting in her living room drawing out different sketches of outfit designs in her sketchbook, while her French Bulldog Cash snored by her feet. She twisted her mouth to the side and tapped the pencil lightly on her sketchbook as she thought about her next design and as soon as a light bulb went off in her head, knocks from the front door breaks her thoughts.

"Now, who the fuck wants to bother me today." She mumbled to herself as she got up and made her way to the door.

She looked through the peep hole and rolled her eyes as she saw Marquis standing on the other side of the door. Paris hasn't seen Marquis since the day she left for the cruise and after that he just went completely off the grid. Paris was never the type to chase any nigga, but she really liked Marquis and they've been dating for almost three months now. She called, texted, and even went by his photography studio to see if he was there, but he wasn't.

So, Paris took it upon herself to just try to forget about him, because she knew she wasn't the problem and she don't have time to be dealing with niggas who want to act like Casper. So she blocked him and has been focusing on work ever since. Marquis knocks on the door again and Paris sighs as she undue the locks and opens the door revealing Marquis who was looking sexy as hell.

Paris looks Marquis up and down trying not to be weak in the knees, but she composes herself and folds her arms over her chest

Paris looks Marquis up and down trying not to be weak in the knees, but she composes herself and folds her arms over her chest. Marquis rakes his eyes over Paris's body looking at the Nike Pro shorts she had on showing her thick thighs while she wears a white beater tank top with no bra showing her hardened nipples. Paris clears her throat gaining his attention.

"Why are you here?" Paris furrows her eyebrows as she looks at Marquis who has a puzzled look on his face.

"Look I know you're mad at me, but I have my reasons for everything. Just let me come in so we can talk please." Marquis finally gets out as he stares at Paris.