Chapter Eleven

Am I stupid?I should have known you were only playing a gameAnd you and me would never be the sameYou made me feel like I'm the one to blameAnd I feel so stupidAfter all those nights after nights that I triedAnd all those conversations of liesAnd ...

Am I stupid?
I should have known you were only playing a game
And you and me would never be the same
You made me feel like I'm the one to blame
And I feel so stupid
After all those nights after nights that I tried
And all those conversations of lies
And I'm sitting here all alone and I'm crying
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, I'm crying
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh 🎶

Stupid by Toni Braxton was on repeat as Paris sat on her balcony smoking a blunt as she looked at the dark sky. It's only been a few hours since she left the Grand Opening and to say she was hurt and betrayed was an understatement. She really let another nigga get close to her just for him to turn out to be like the others she dated in the past, but only this time the stakes were higher, he was Married with children.

You're all I need but you treated
Me so wrong and I can't believe it
How could you do me like you do?
'Cause I've been so stupid for you 🎶

How the fuck could she so be stupid she thought. She really thought Marquis was different, but she guessed wrong. He really embarrassed the fuck out of her in the worse way and the fact he had her thinking they had a future together only to find out he already had a future with someone else hurts even more. Niggas ain't shit, I tell ya.

I'm stupid baby, I'm stupid, darling for you
I'm the one to blame
I'm the one left with all the shame
I'm stupid baby, I'm stupid darling, hey, yeah, yeah 🎶

The sliding door to her balcony opened causing her to mentally roll her eyes. She could've sworn she told everyone after the grand opening that she wanted to be alone. She just needed time to think and process what the fuck just happened, but nooo somebody just had to bother her. She smelled the familiar scent already knowing it was Cordell that opened the door. She kept her eyes fixated on the dark sky as she heard Cordell take a seat next to her.

She inhaled the blunt in between her lips and released the smoke into the air closing her eyes in the process. Cordell just sat there remaining quiet as he studied Paris. He hated how shit went down tonight and he knows the minute he catches Marquis he laying his ass out. He wanted to go on stage and beat his ass right then and there, but he knew as a business owner that wouldn't be a good look for him or the gang, since most of them have their own businesses as well. But best believe that nigga time coming.

"What's wrong with me?" Paris says as she stared into the dark sky. "Why is it that i'm always getting shitted on by these niggas? Hm?" She chuckled bitterly. "Here I was ready to let this nigga make me his girlfriend, just to find out he has a whole family, this shit is beyond me at this point." She says as she puts out the blunt and turns her Bluetooth speaker on low.