xv. he said he'd be here

REAL LIFE

olivia couldn't help but turn her head every time someone entered the venue. she didn't invite a whole lot of people; only cory, josh, kayla, lizzie, the triplets, jordan, a few other people from her year in college, and some influencers and actors and singers who were invited by cory and the triplets. okay yeah, it was quite a lot of people. almost everyone except the triplets were there, spread out into little groups within the small ballroom.

after her fifth time glancing at the entrance, jordan appeared next to her.

"i just talked to matt, he said he's on his way. so don't worry, liv." he put his arm around her. olivia let out a breath of relief.

"oh, okay! that's good." she got up, ready to greet the new people who just walked in. she found cory and josh who were talking to josh's friend, noah schnapp.

"yo, olivia!" josh waved her over. she and jordan joined the three.

"hi cory, josh. and i'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you're noah schnapp from stranger things." olivia greeted. noah laughed, sticking his hand out to shake.

"it's great to meet you olivia!" noah smiled. "happy birthday."

"thanks!" olivia beamed. before she could say anything else, cory tapped her shoulder and pointed to the door, where nick and matt walked in. no chris. olivia's smile faltered, but she faked one as she went to greet her best friends.

"hi nick! hi matt! i'm so glad you could make it." she said, giving each boy a hug. nick looked around in awe.

"happy birthday! liv, i didn't know you knew so many people. like i see conan gray here and OH MY GOD IS THAT NOAH SCHNAPP?" nick ran towards noah, leaving olivia and matt laughing at the boy.

"i take it cory was in charge of the invites?" matt asks looking around. olivia nods. she takes in a breath.

"so, he's not coming, is he?" olivia asked matt. he gave her a sympathetic smile.

"i'm sorry, liv. nick and i really tried to convince him to come and we thought he was, but he had some last minute plans come up with mom and he couldn't say no." he said. olivia sighed.

"oh." she said. she didn't know why she was so upset about chris not being there. it's not like she had totally forgiven him. matt noticed her change in mood.

"hey, you have a right to be upset." he put a hand on her shoulder. "he said he'd be here but he didn't come. doesn't matter if you're not on speaking terms , he's still your best friend, liv. you know that more than anyone. you still need him." he said. olivia furrowed her eyebrows as matt gave her a knowing look.