Chapter 1- It's all in the past

A young boy ran around the royal gardens with his siblings, laughing and smiling at each other

A young boy ran around the royal gardens with his siblings, laughing and smiling at each other. Oh how the memories fallen. Having that back in there grasp would be the best thing that could happen to them.

"Lord Kousei, the empress wishes to speak with you".

A maid opened the large door, making some light make its way through the dark room. In the corner sat a figure starring at the wall. The maid sighed and walked over to the 12 year old boy.

"My lord, do I need to get your brother?".

She asked again. He nodded his head silently, the maid taking the hint. She left without a word, but soon coming back with the second prince. Koumei walked in the room, kneeling down next to his brother.

"You know how angry she will be if you don't come right?"

Koumei asked quietly. Kousei turned to him, giving Koumei a glance at his face. His poor younger brother had a scar on the bottom of his chin, due to Gyokuen burning him for something he didn't do. Koumei reached his hand to Kousei's face, earning a small yelp from the boy, making him shuffle back. Koumei gave him a small smile.

"Hey now, it's ok, I won't hurt you, I just need to check on that burn. Can I do that?"

Kousei nodded slowly, going back to his spot. Koumei thanked him, tracing his finger along the burn. Kousei flinched a little, making Koumei's hand go back. Mei go up, holding a hand out to Kousei.

"Now, let's go, I'll be by your side the whole time I promise"

Kousei took his hand, and slowly got up. Mei lead his out of the room, making Kousei cover his eyes. It was so bright out, all the colors of the Kou empire were just lovely. But with all this loveliness there is a darkness within.

When they got to the entrance to the throne room, Kousei squeezed Mei's hand, making the second prince look down at his brother.

"It will be ok, trust me"

Kousei nodded. When they opened the doors, Gyokuen was sitting at her throne with a smile. Not a kind one. The two came up to her, kneeling down.
She smiled wider, getting up she made her way to the two.

"My my, you two grow up so fast, but Mei, I'm pretty sure I only wanted to talk to Kousei"

Koumei looked up. While Kousei started shaking a bit.

"I apologize empress, but Kousei wishes not to be alone."

Gyokuens smile dropped slightly, causing Kousei to gasp quietly. But her grin came back, now looking at the shaking prince in-front of her. She kneels down and starts to pet Kousei's red hair.

"You remember what you have to do right? Or do I have to bring you there myself?"

This is when Kousei starts shaking uncontrollably. No, i can't go back there not again!. Gyokuen smiles again.

"Very well, take him."

A guard then grabs Kousei by the arm, brining him to a small room. Kousei struggled looking back at his brother.

"Mei! Help me please! I don't want to be hurt again please!!"

Koumei tried getting through the guards, but they put him down with force. Mei saw the guard take his brother in a dark room. Hearing Kousei scream once more before the door closed. Gyokuen looked down at Koumei, putting a hand on his head.

"Now now, don't push it. There's nothing you can do to help him"

Koumei's vision began to fade, black spots filled his vision before it became total darkness.

The morning came and Koumei woke up with a headache. But then he remembered what happened yesterday. He threw off his covers and ran to Kousei's room. When he got there he knocked on the door. But when he knocked again, the door opens. He walked in noticing that Kousei was still in bed. He walked over, slightly pulling back Kousei's covers. He gasped. Slashes and small holes were all around his skin. Almost like needle holes. Mei put a hand I've this mouth. How could they? Kousei was only 12 years old. Mei was interrupted by his brother talking in his sleep.

"Please.......no more........it hurts"

Tears then made there way down his cheeks. Mei wipped them with his hand.

"I'm sorry Sei, I wish I could've done something"

Then Koumei had an idea, it was bad but it had to work for Kousei's sake.

When Kousei woken up, he noticed a sack packed, he looked in it, some of his clothes and personal belongings. He then looked at the person sitting at the edge of his bed.

"M-Mei was is all this?"

Koumei brought Kousei into a hug, which sei returned confused.

"You have to leave the empire, I can't watch them hurt you like this any longer, I made sure you hade everything you need."

Kousei looked at his brother, but then he started crying. Mei hugged him again, crying silent tears.

The two then made there way to an empty room, mei opened the window. He then looked at his brother, the sack on his back. Mei kneels down and pits his hand on his shoulders.

"Listen closely Kousei, there is a dungeon not far from here, go obtain the power and protect yourself from any danger, and promise one thing, when we meet again you become someone great, can you do that for me?"

Kousei wiped his tears and gave his brother a confident nod. Mei smiled and lifted his brother on a carpet.

"I Love you Kousei, we will be with each other soon."

Mei gave him a kiss on the forehead. Kousei sniffed then hugged his brother one last time.

"I love you too Mei."

They pulled away, Mei watched as his little brother flew away into the night.

"Make me proud Sei"

He smiled to himself.

5 years have passed and the ex Kou prince made camp near a river. Like his brother told him, he captured a dungeon, his metal vessel being his hairpin Mei gave him. Kousei grew much in age, now being 17 years old. His hair grew out making it to his mid back. He wore his red kimono with gold details, and black shoes. He got up looking at the sun in the distance.

This was only the beginning for the young man. And it's going to be a good one.