Chapter Four: The Hunt

Rex sat in the jail cell at the police station, with Garnet at the front desk trying to explain everything to the officers. The sheriff was being stubborn and wasn't having a good day, so it wouldn't be easy trying to get Rex out. 

"Sorry," said The Sheriff. "The law is the law, and I won't be releasing your friend until Monday"

"There won't BE a Monday if you don't do as I say!" Garnet replied firmly. "There's something out there and it's probably killed a load of people since this evening. He'll, it might still be killing as we speak! You've got to let him out, get a squad out to the forest!"

"And what authority do YOU have, hm?" Replied the sheriff.

"Oh, you want to know? I am the leader of Destiny Division, and if you don't let Rex out, Lord Shaggy will have you in some deep, serious shit!!" She yelled.

"We better call him up, then" boomed the Sheriff. "I have a few choice words for him too!"

"Well, he's here" came a stern voice from the hallway. Shaggy entered wearing a yellow raincoat. He was very angry with the Sheriff, and wanted to have a private talk. Garnet gulped, as the two went into the interrogation room. 

"Don't worry, Rex, you'll be out in no time" said Garnet, who looked at Rex's cell.

Back at the campsite, Iggy was getting changed into his hunting outfit, which mostly consisted of metal armour. Baldi put his camping hat on, along with some metal gloves. Nek and Vex looked relatively the same, but had transparent shields covering their eyes, and were carrying some heavy duty blasters. Eddie didn't get changed, as all he needed was his trusty scythe. He hugged the handle like it was a stuffed toy, whilst Nek looked on in curiosity.

"Is that the famous death scythe I've heard words about?" Asked Nek.

"Yes," replied Eddie. "You won't have to worry about me using it on you, unless you get on my bad side" 

"Oh believe me," said Vex. "We want this as over and done with as you do" 

"That's fine then," added Eddie. "Now just mind the both of you, and keep it that way" 

"Right, we've got a new problem," said Iggy. "I just got info that Tom was rushed to Hospital and Rex was arrested!"

"Oh my god!" Shrieked Baldi.

"Ha, pathetic," laughed Vex. "A simple human being out behind bars. Nek, if they were on our home planet, they wouldn't last five seconds in our chambers" 

"Silence Vex" ordered Nek. "Who is this Rex you speak of?"

"He's one of our friends," replied Iggy. "I reckon Cartoon Cat must've chased Rex and Garnet out of here!"

"What about Tom?!" Asked Baldi.

"He's been put into a ward," said Iggy. "Don't worry, he's healing quickly"

"This is of no concern to us!" Scoffed Vex. "Our mission is to return rhay creature to our master"

"But what about the innocent people that have been killed? What about them?" Added Eddie.

"They are… Expendable" replied Vex.

Meanwhile, in the woods, a teenage couple were looking for somewhere private. They were both 19, and had tons of beer bottles in their backpacks.

"Hey, look, an abandoned building," said Ricky. "Looks like a shopping thing. Wanna make out?

"Sure!" Replied Liz, who was also drunk. As the two stumbled into the abandoned shopping center, Cartoon Cat slowly crept behind them. His smile went from a vile grin tk a disgusting smirk, revealing his sharp fangs. He hid by using the shadows, only his eyes visible to the outside world, Ricky and Liz were too drunk to notice, as they stumbled on into the abandoned place. 

"This place is kinda creepy" said Liz in a concerned voice.

"Are you scared?" Mocked Ricky.

"No!" Replied Liz.

"Then don't be such a pussy" chuckled Ricky. The two then heard the laugh of Cartoon Cat echo throughout the center, however, they didn't know who the laugh belonged to.

"What was that?" Asked Liz, who looked around the room frantically.

"Probably just a fox. Now, are we gonna do this or what?" He asked impatiently. Liz became tense. She slowly stepped back as she heard some strange breathing from inside the shadows, as if they were alive.

"This place is pretty dodgy, maybe we should just head back home?" She asked. Ricky became very mad, pushing Liz to the wall, restraining her movement.

"You're not going anywhere! Undress, now!" He ordered. Liz shoved Ricky back with all her strength.

"Get off me, freak!" She yelled. Ricky skidded into the dark, falling over and tripling over trolleys and old boxes. Everything went silent for a moment, before it was interrupted by a loud crunch, followed by a squelching sound.

"Ricky?" She whispered.

Liz got closer and closer to the source of the sound. She pulled out a flashlight to investigate, and she was met with a truly horrifying sight. Cartoon Cat was dining on her Now ex boyfriend's flesh, pulling a revolting grin, followed by a cackle. Liz screamed, as she tried to make a run for it. Cartoon Cat's body twisted and turned as he chased after his prey. The same song that Iggy had heard earlier was playing once again, as the abandoned site echoed with the haunting tune. Liz reached the exit and was about to jump over the terminals, but Cartoon Cat grabbed her by the legs pulling her into the darkness. Liz grabbed onto a thin pole holding with all her might, unfortunately, it was no use, as she went flying into Cartoon Cat's paws. Cartoon Cat shifted into a giant nightmarish demon, cackling maniacally.

"Finally, fresh meat!" Laughed Cartoon Cat.

"Hold it, pussy cat!" Said a voice from behind. Cartoon Cat hissed as Iggy, Eddie, Baldi, Nek and entered the building. Cartoon Cat eyed the two aliens, hissing loudly at them.

"Stand down, now!" Roared Vex, who was pointing his gun at the titan Cat.

"So, you finally found me? I am surprised" Hissed Cartoon Cat.

"Let her go" ordered Iggy.

"I don't take orders from mortals," laughed the cat.

"Yeah, you'll take orders from me!" Boomed Eddie, who entered with his scythe.

"A wolfamorph? Interesting" said Cartoon Cat in amazement. He hadn't seen one of them for quite some time, as it tends to be the case with most gods not knowing what they are or not seeing one for a long time.

"Let the girl go," said Eddie, who aimed his scythe at him.

"You give this body false hope" smirked the cat.

"Put her down or I'll pierce your neck open" warned Eddie. Cartoon Cat slowly pur Liz down, as she ran behind Iggy and Baldi.

"So what, now you win?" Laughed the cat. "Oh dear me, no. It won't be that easy. You've just spoiled my meal, now you'll have to pay. If you want to leave, you have to defeat me in combat!"

"Go on, then" replied Eddie. "Do your worst!"

"Oh I'm gonna have fun with this one!" Smirked Cartoon Cat, who teleported Eddie away.

"No!" Shouted Iggy,

"Don't worry, he'll be fine," said Baldi. "You know what Eddie is like"

"If that thing kills our prisoner, you can just about guarantee that we will ALL be destroyed!" Shouted Nek. 

"Just hang on!" Replied Iggy. "I have a plan. Baldi, do you still have that sphere?" 

"Yeah, I do" replied Baldi.

"Get the bus up and running, take us to the jailhouse. We're busting Rex out of there" said Iggy.

"What use will he have for us?" Asked Vex.

"That's for us to know and for you to find out!" Replied Iggy, who left the building to assist Baldi…