Are you an ally or an enemy?

Promises are blinding. Open your eyes and you'll see the real problem.

The truth is darker than it seems to be. Beyond the great numbers of towering skyscrapers, bridges that cross the distance, and grandiose Parthenon-like theaters lie thousands of people suffering from hunger, poverty, and worse death. As they bathe in champagne and wines, some people barely have clean water to drink. While those who have the riches to live at the towering skyscrapers, there are those in parallel who scavenge for scraps of metal for a few coins to answer their growling stomachs. It's heart-wrenching to think that this is the reality of the world, where empty promises could only leave those who are vulnerable even more vulnerable, pushing them to the abyss with nothing at all.

Yet the truth is still hidden from the eyes of many. Hundreds were silenced, pushed to the cliff of nothingness. Forced to put down their pen to watch all the atrocities in the dark and choose silence over their lives, but never will this writer falter to those threats. For the one who stays silent in times of injustice would never be the one who gives justice. Seeing all of this happen right before my eyes, silence will never be tolerated when you have the chance to voice out the inequality that is happening in this land. When corruption is just making the disparity between the poor and the rich is already sickening to watch, when those who lead this nation treat it like it was their kingdom, like they were the king and queens of this land.

If this does not anger you then what will? Will you wait for the time that you would be pushed by the corner of a dark alleyway to call for help and justice? Will you wait for the time that your father, mother, sister, or brother would be abducted and never seen again? Or will you tolerate every cry and alms of those who ask for your help? This, I ask you, are you an ally of justice or an enemy of it?

-Alethea