A Queen Will Never Bow Her Head

In a palace banquet, a performer will always be summoned. There will be dancers that will entertain the audience while they enjoy their share of cheese and bread, as the males watch them with intent in the back of their minds while they take a whiff of their fine wines. With the hall's resounding music, every visitor will enjoy themselves, chatting with those who sit nearby or those who look at the performers with great intent.

By the end of all the festivities, a joker will be summoned. Their sole purpose is to entertain the king and queen with their utmost abilities, sometimes of their wonderful stories that go beyond the citadel of a kingdom. Their goal is to make the room laugh with their exaggerated stories that go beyond all the endless possibilities of this world. It is to keep the festive atmosphere in the room alive.

However, I wonder . . . why do people in my kingdom worship a joker? Saluting them, applauding them, and even bowing their heads on him when all he did is to be a failure in this beloved country? When they wreak havoc instead of joy and turn this country into a huge circus where they are the showman in the palace? Oh, wait! This is no medieval times, nor a time of royalties. This is the time of politicians that keep on exceeding to the lowest point of the country when you thought that you could not go lower but still sank deeper.

Look, this is a world where we slowly become a laughingstock yet we continue to applaud the joker that is bringing this country down with him. We continue to be satisfied with the bare minimum they give us. Have you forgotten that this country is his queen? This country is his motherland and his job as the joker is to keep us in check if we are happily enjoying ourselves.

I pose you a reminder: The joker dressing up as king is not a saint for you to kneel or bow down to. You are the monarch in this country. Even the queen herself will never bow down to a joker who harbors selfish intent and will only entertain himself.

— Alethea