A Challenge

I heard there is a ruckus in the capital, where every nook and crevice is checked and no rocks are left unturned. Every paper published and posted in the bulletin is set into flames as if they are demonic mantras that should be banned and considered taboo. The skies are painted crimson red as embers dance with the graceful wind. I wonder who has put an alarm this big to the greatest man in the Capital.

Oh, right! I heard that an enemy from the dark has emerged and broken the silence in the capital. With their words as sharp as a dagger, and as poisonous as venom. An unknown enemy that spits the truth and deepest dirty secrets of our beloved Premier Admiral Adira.

I wonder who has dared to unravel these . . . unspoken facts. To tell the citizens that their premier and his wife are nothing but filthy party animals— a pair of social climbers, basking under the glow of the mirrorball, swimming in champagnes, and even displacing indigenous groups for the sake of imminent domain to build their new mansions where they would party and howl like wild wolves all night long.

A couple who is afraid of those who know them all too well, of dissidents and people who could go against them which they see as threats that need to be eradicated by isolating them from the world, capturing them, and keeping them in barracks and concentration camps with chains depriving them of liberty and rights. Some of them were found dead in the comfort of their homes where they should be in solitude and safest, some were even found in fields with their bodies mutilated and tortured once the dawn breaks, and some were even gone for good with no shadows in sight.

You live up to your oath to your wife, our dear premier, promising her the world, treating her as your queen, and giving her all the riches she could ever think of, but at the cost of the country that you pledged to serve with righteousness and integrity.

But may I remind you that your worst enemies are those lurking in the shadows for you never know when they will unravel themselves and those who know you like the back of your hand. So be careful of who you keep by your side because a famished dog might bite its owner's hand.

And before I forget, I heard that you're looking for me. Why don't you try and find me?

— Alethea