스물다섯

- voices -

- voices -

-

-

-

hyunsoo pulled jisung into herself. "don't say a word." even if the voice was telepathic, it was stern. haechan stood confused as to why so many people had access to his house. "who are you?!" he asked raising his voice, clearly getting frustrated.

hyunsoo was equally getting frustrated. "minho, stand up." her eyes never left haechan's gaze. the man was too distracted by the pair that he didn't hear minho struggle to stand up.

"lower your voice before you address me." her voice never wavered, it sliced through whatever energy had been here previously. neither of the boys knew what was happening or what was about to, she was staring this man down and giving them instructions at the same time.

"minho, walk over to jisung. he will help you out to the car where you will wait for me with sanghee."

"who the hell do you think you are coming into my house like this?" he taunted. "did you think you were going to save your disgusting creature you call a son's little boyfriend?" he stepped closer to her, that broken glass bottle looking a lot more threatening than jisung remembered.

"you know it's just a phase right?" his swayed as he walked, clearly not in his right mind.

"homosexuality is a sin, what kind of a mother are you to allow this?" haechan squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows in disgust. he was about a foot away from her now.

"get out, now." minho did what she asked and limped over to jisung who immediately wrapped his arms around him. he helped him walk out, quickly.

haechan looked at minho in disgust. "where are you going?" he seethed. "don't answer, just go." the man watched his son ignore him and limp out the door. he went to walk past to go grab minho when he stopped just next to hyunsoo's ear. "faggots like them don't deserve to live." he whispered and went for the door.

before he could walk out or even touch the handle, the door flew shut, the lock clicking appearing to be a much more sinister sound than ever before. "what kind of a monster are you? to hit your own child?" she turned around. it was her turn to wear a look of distaste. "what do you get from causing him pain?" she asked, genuinely looking for an answer.

"what?" he asked. this was all too much for him. considering he was just beating his kid, kind of ironic. "you heard me." the man stepped back, honestly spooked by all of this. "i-i..-" before he could even finish his sentence he was thrown into a wall.

she hadn't used this much of her power since her teenage years, this was impressive even to herself. "you know what, i don't even want to know." she walked closer to haechan. unlike him, she walked with confidence and certainty. "what i do want to know, is where your daughter is."

he didn't speak. his words were caught in his throat. the bottle that was just in his hand was ripped out and was floating in mid air right in front of his face. to his small mind, this was all unbelievable. he thought he was dreaming.

"speak when spoken to!" she raised her voice. "u-upstairs, third door to the left." he rushed out. she smiled and patted his cheek -- more like slapped. she walked off to the stairs. haechan tried to stand up and once again and unknown force pushed him back down. "i didn't give you permission to move." she spoke while walking up the stairs.

once she got to said room, she slowly opened the door and saw a little lump under the covers of a small, white bed. the room was bland, white walls, a broken lamp shade disguised with stickers and toys everywhere. there wasn't much furniture, a bed, a dresser and a small chair in the corner of the room. she approached the bed and knelt down next to it.

"hey.. nayeon right? i'm hyunsoo. i'm here to take you to your oppa." she figured she would use the comfort of her mother tongue to reassure her. slowly, the covers moved and it revealed a girl with disheveled hair and tear stains on her cheeks. "minho oppa?" the little voice squeaked out. hyunsoo nodded and moved the girl's hair out of her face. "yeah, he's downstairs."

nayeon let out a sigh of relief. "i-is he okay?" she asked with her small voice. hyunsoo didn't want lie, that wouldn't be a great start. she smiled sadly. "he's a little hurt so we're going to go to the hospital to get him fixed. but i don't want to leave you here alone."

hyunsoo eyed the room subtly, thinking of something she could take with her to remind of the good memories. the woman knew one thing, she would never let either of them step foot in this house ever again. "is it okay for me to carry you?" she asked with a genuine smile. nayeon nodded and hyunsoo scooped her up in her arms, along with the stuffed animal that was at the foot of the bed.

nayeon wrapped her hands around hyunsoo's neck and buried her face in it. the woman smiled. just before she left the room, she grabbed a framed picture of minho and her, just in case it was precious. she quickly walked out of the room and down the stairs.

passing haechan, she made sure nayeon was looking away from her father. finally, hyunsoo let go of the hold she had on the man. he sighed but didn't move. he watched her take his daughter away but, he didn't do anything. the little girl and hyunsoo walked out of the house, rushing to the car.

sanghee opened the door to the back and strapped in the little girl while hyunsoo got in the passenger seat of the car. as soon as nayeon saw minho she hugged him. "oppa!" she squealed. sanghee started to drive, not really caring too much about the speed limit.

even in the midst of all this, seeing his sister made him smile. "hey princess." he chuckled.

_________

so... i just want to thank all of you are reading because i know i literally just poofed and you still stayed. thank you so much, i appreciate you.

have a lovely day/night!

-Samii