스물일곱

- news -

- news -

-

-

-

the wait was agonisingly long. jisung's leg bounced off the floor for easily two and a half hours, nayeon had fallen asleep in hyunsoo's arms by now and sanghee was only surviving on coffee. truth be told, they were all absolutely terrified. especially jisung. even though his injuries seemed to be strictly superficial, it was still scary to have the man you love in the emergency room.

before jisung could get carried away in his thoughts again, a doctor came into the waiting room, resulting in many heads being lifted, each waiting for news about their loved ones, each of them waiting for a new sense of hope.

"who came in with.." he looked down at his clipboard. "lee minho?" he looked up again. sanghee and jisung stood up instantly. "w-we did. i-is he okay?" the boy managed to say. the doctor motionned for them to follow him. hyunsoo held the girl in her arms as she slept and followed them.

they entered a room where minho laid in the bed, asleep. hopefully. "minho came in with severe superficial injuries. notably, the glass shard stuck between his kneecap. we removed the glass and put a cast on his knee. he'll have to stay off it for 2 weeks." the doctor explained to them. jisung listened, but he was busy running his fingers through his boyfriend's hair.

"fortunately, while in surgery we discovered free fluid in his chest. we were able to drain it, and it shouldn't cause any further problems. the anaesthesia should wear off in a few minutes and he will wake up." with that, the doctor offered to answer any questions and then left.

hyunsoo gently woke up the little girl. she looked around confused but ran over to her brother's side once she saw him. "oppa?" her little voice spoke. "he's asleep right now, but he'll wake up soon." jisung smiled and lifted her to sit her down next to minho. "be careful, don't touch his knee, okay?" she looked at jisung and nodded.

"what's your name?" she asked. jisung realised that they hadn't talked since they left the house due to all the chaos. "my name's jisung." he smiled at her. she tilted her head curiously. "are you oppa's boyfriend?"

jisung was a bit taken aback. "uh-" he was about to answer, but he was cut off by a weak voice. "yah, you can't ask questions like that without warning, yeonnie." minho chuckled and put a hand on his sisters back.

"oppa!" nayeon hugged him, being careful not to touch his knee. "hi princess." he giggled. once they broke the hug, jisung hugged him. he was going to sit back on his chair and give him some space to breathe, but minho pulled him by the neck and connected their lips. "did you think you'd get away without one?"

jisung giggled.

"no, of course not."

"alright, we get it. but let's keep the child's eyes pure, shall we?" hyunsoo reminded them, a little afraid they'd start making out in front her.

_______