୨୧ | 04: Human | ✩࿐

✨art above is made by yours truly✨

"DAWN, NO--!" The Kreideprinz yelped alerting Aether and Paimon.

 But it's too late... the contents of the vial splashed all over y/n, scaring the hell out of her, sending her tumbling and flinching to whatever she'd come in contact with, ruining most of Albedo's artifacts and alchemy supplies. Aether, Paimon, and Albedo tried to calm her down, but not to avail. 

Y/n ended up yeeting herself in a nearby cargo box, big enough to fit a human inside.

Curiosity yeets the cat, I guess, I guess...

"...D-Dawn?" Paimon called out as the three of them slowly approached the box in hopes to not scare the poor feline away.

There was soon small rustling noises coming from the box... then a groan... the three looked at each other. Surely cats don't groan... do they..? 

Then a head of h/c and oh-so familiar e/c eyes popped from the box, scaring the trio half to death.

"Mister Albedo..." Y/n warily squeaked. The latter quickly regained his composure and thought;

':0... Master Diluc will sue me:00.'

"...Dawn... is that you?" The chalk prince asked slowly.

"C-c-c-cold..." Y/n shivered that alerted her companions.

"Thank you for lending me your jacket, Mister Albedo and

"Thank you for lending me your jacket, Mister Albedo and..." y/n fiddled with her fingers, she was wearing nothing except the Alchemist's jacket, and a warming bottle in hand to keep her from getting any more cold from Dragonspine's unforgiving climate temperatures.

"...and Sorry for the mess I made." Y/n motioned her head to the now messed up table that Aether and Paimon are attending to while they continuously blinkered. The Chalk Prince just stared at her  with narrow eyes and a hand under his chin. An unreadable expression was etched unto his face as if he just saw aliens descend from the sky.

"We need to talk... privately..." Albedo suddenly whispered to her literally dragging her out of the lab.

"Mister Albedo... wha-"

The Alchemist wordlessly dragged her away from Aether and Paimon, and y/n being barefoot, small rocks pierced her feet making her slightly hiss in pain. Albedo noticed and gave her a small apology.

"Dawn." Albedo called out, his back facing the female who waited for his next words.

"Y-Yes, sir?" 

"I will be honest with you, that potion you came in contact with has the ability to reveal one's true form. In that case, you are not a real cat to begin with, who are you?" Albedo narrowed his eyes on y/n who shook as an uneasy feeling crept on her spine. Y/n doesn't get it, y/n was a human to begin with..? How? When?

"Dawn, I want answers." The alchemist sounded a tad bit desperate, causing him to push the female further for answers.

"Mister Albedo, I-... I, as well, is confused all that I know is that my real name is y/n. That's all I know. I don't remember anything else." Y/n looked directly into the alchemist bright, yet hollow teal orbs at least to show his that she is answering him in all honesty.

Albedo on the other hand, is in deep thoughts, contemplating his decisions whether he must trust this woman in front of him. The name y/n seems to click on something he can't quite put a finger on...

And why does she looks so strangely familiar-?

"Y/n huh...?" He muttered. "Well then, if you can't remember anything as of now, the  I wouldn't push you. But I would like to help you recover your memories." Albedo slowly albeit carefully planted a hand on y/n's shoulder.

The very moment they came in contact, the mark on the alchemist's neck began to glow. Snippets of long and ancient memories flashed before his eyes, it was too fast for him to follow, but he swore he saw y/n in one of them. His eyes widened, his breathing became shallow, he clutched the mark in his neck that seems to pulse brighter, as his knees gave in. Y/n, y/n, y/n, y/n, y/n.... who are you..!?

"Mister Albedo-!" Y/n was quick to react, immediately attended to the alchemist. "A-Are you alright? Sir, have I harmed in you in any way...!?" The h/c haired female panicked, not know in what to do, given that this was here first time in th I kind to scenarios. Albedo only shook his head.

"No, I'm alright, no need to worry. Let's just go back, shall we?" Albedo stood up as if nothing happened to him.

"Yes, sir..." with all cautiona and care, y/n helped him back on his feet, and together they strolled back to Albedo's lab.

A/n:

take care yall

take care yall

Next chapter: 05: The Truth of this world...

Thanks you for the wait😭💞