ON THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW

Draw a monster. Why is it a monster?

-janice lee. Daughter

☀︎

DAY AFTER TOMORROW

      The first time Lilith met the Slayer, she was killed by her. The second time, she hoped to befriend her.

      Slayers kill monsters. Monsters kill Slayers. It has been this way since their genesis. Lilith knows this, but she likes chasing after things beyond her scope. She likes feeling like she can rewrite the world. Lilith (a.k.a. Lily to her friends) is a monster; the vicious, flesh-eating kind. Buffy is a slayer; the martyred, uncompromising kind. Their paths aren't meant to meet in peace and sunshine, Buffy has proved it before. But, insanely enough, Lilith wants to hear Buffy call her Lily.

      This is Buffy Summers. The girl who stops apocalypses on the weekends, and slays monsters every other day. The girl who bleeds power. And Lilith knows a thing or two when it comes to friendships. Friends don't kill you, friends protect you. The Slayer-Monster relationship is anything but that, and if it's Buffy, Lilith is more than likely to end at the pointy end of the knife. Again. She doesn't stand a chance; so let her think she's the smartest person in the room by doing what no other monster attempts: to befriend the Slayer.

      Stitched in between two coils: the mortal and the supernatural; Lilith doesn't know what to chase after. There is home, hot and burning with the wrath of a thousand suns, otherwise known as hell. Then, there no longer is home. Shunned and expelled from it, Lilith has to learn to live without home. As daddy says it: she has gone soft. Too soft for demons, still too cruel for humans. Awkwardly stuck in the middle, she doesn't feel like she belongs anywhere. Lost, without somewhere to go, Lilith sticks to the thing that brought her here: hearing Buffy call her Lily.

      It's not only Buffy, it's the rest of the Scoobies. She is Lily to them now. The closest thing to love she's had. It's hers, and it's theirs. She doesn't know how to keep herself from fucking up. It's something she inevitably does. Want something, gain it, then use it till it has no more to give. However, for once, someone is teaching her otherwise.

      Home, where she was taught to use and dispose of. Home, where she wasn't taught love. Home, where all that mattered was to kill or be killed. It's different now. Home may be gone, but so is everything it came with.

      Yet, for some reason, Lilith falls and doesn't stand back up. Home, however cold for being the warmest place in the universe, was all she knew, all she had. And it's gone now. She has never seen herself as much of a fighter. She wants to give up.

      But they don't let her. Her friends. Hers, hers hers.

      She grabs Buffy's hand, and Lilith can finally stand. She looks at her friends. Half-mangled; half-put-together with stitches that bleed love. Maybe this is home.

      But, after all, Lilith bleeds traitor.

LILITH // Lily

All this time I'd thought we were strangers, and it turned out we knew each other intuitively, in our bones, in our blood

All this time I'd thought we were strangers, and it turned out we knew each other intuitively, in our bones, in our blood. It was kind of romantic. Catastrophically romantic.

-gillian flynn.

WARNINGS: canon typical violence, infidelity, sexual content, mild kinks (she is involved with spike, you can imagine how it is)

dts. cupidsrot heIIborn lannisports GARDENS0NG wallowsinangst vaIIeyofdoIIs minzynari

📌 synopsis gives a glimpse into what to expect throughout the seasons. some foreshadowing, an ominous ending.
📌lilith is a succubus. some of her lore is inspired by jennifer check
📌 this is a found family fic that starts from season 4. letting the scoobies live up to their potential, like c'mon they could've been better friends. lily discovering the significance of relationships and everything u can learn from them bc for once in her long life she is close to someone. exploring friendship from someone who is only just experiencing it !!!!
📌 there is some romance with spike. that rn won't pass from a fwb dynamic. demon that doesn't fall in love + vampire that identifies himself as "love's bitch" equals lots of angst. their love language is sharing cigs.
📌 lily is my little love. my girl who doesn't know love and thinks all she's good for is being used. that the moment someone tries to show her otherwise, she pulls away. who doesn't know what she wants till she fucks it up and then thinks she only wants it now bc she doesn't have it anymore. matilda + this is me trying + sidelines r her songs. (and day after tomorrow ofc)