v. Thanksgiving

v. Thanksgiving

      Lilith drags the dead man's body down to the woods

      It's the middle of the night. She snuck out of her dorm to have her kind of midnight snack, it may or may not have been her British history professor. Thankfully there are woods surrounding campus which makes getting rid of the body much easier.

      Look, she did swear to not kill any more humans but she's never been one for abstinence, even if it involves sabotaging her relationship with one slayer. She'll just lie to her about it.

      It had been too long since she ripped into flesh and killing that Deathwok demon had only reawakened her appetite. She needed to have her fix before she did something worse, like start thinking of Buffy's friends as her next meal.

      She halts in her tracks and drops the man's ankles when she hears rustling in the trees. Someone's here. She really doesn't want to kill anyone else—that just means more bodies to bury and more lying to do.

      She's glad to see it's just Spike, lets out a breath of relief even.

      He seems more focused on the dead body she's dragging, makes a show of reminding her who she is. "Well, well...I knew I couldn't buy the goody-goody act from you for long."

      "It's one slip, it doesn't count." It's what she keeps telling herself.

      She's never seen him so...sickly. He looks decrepit, really. From his ashen skin to his sunken eyes and the way he limps. "Who let you crawl out of the grave?"

      It's been days since he last fed, it's starting to take a toll on his body. He's been unable to bite anyone ever since he took a trip to that lab. His vampire abilities got messed with and he's been neutered since.

      The sound is desperate and pitiful as he asks, "Is it still alive?"

      Lilith wants to relieve herself of the task. "You want it?" She nudges the body with her foot and doesn't wait for Spike to say yes. "Your job burying the body now."