i. Return to Sunnydale

        Lilith arrives to Sunnydale in a ball of fire

        As the smoke around her dissipates, she starts to make out her surroundings. She stands in the cemetery, dark, foggy, and colorless. The grass around her feet is charred. Yet Lilith remains pristine, her cloak untouched and her blonde head unkempt.

        If only someone had witnessed her grand entrance...

        Then, Lilith hears it. A squeak. Behind her. She turns around and lets a smirk fall on her lips at seeing the source.

        A vampire, told by his bumpy forehead and gaping mouth revealing fangs, crouches in front of Lilith. His prey drive doesn't kick in quickly enough, still stunned by her sudden appearance. Lilith has already approached him when his reflexes kickstart — as he lunges, she shoots out an arm. Claws, that weren't there before, dig around the sides of his neck from where Lilith grasps.

        The vampire pants, trying to uselessly swat Lilith away. Standing a few inches taller than him, Lilith lifts him off the ground, her claws digging in deeper, drawing blood. The vampire's yellow eyes go wide at her immense strength. Then, as if suddenly remembering, he should be the one others cower from, he growls.

        Lilith ignores it. "You see," she begins. "I'm looking for someone." The vampire dangles his feet, trying to touch the ground. "Blonde, cute as a button, but awfully deadly? No? Kills your kind? Hello? The Slayer?"

        Annoyed with the lack of response, Lilith groans and tosses him aside. Then, she nods to the passed-out man next to them. "Are you eating that?" she asks. Funny thing was, although the vampire had been busy with him, he hadn't tried to kill the man bringing flowers to his loved one's grave, almost as if he was planning to save him for someone else.

        Instead of letting her have him, the vampire rudely tries to attack Lilith. She sighs, and bolts out her hand, this time sinking her claws against his dead heart. "One more step, and you'll do so without a heart."