vi. Spells gone wrong

      "Lilith, I killed you once

      "Lilith, I killed you once."

      Lilith has just pushed the Slayer a little too much. She doesn't know what drove her to do it, but she's come to terms with being good at it, pushing people that is. It's rarely intentional.

       Lilith gives her this betrayed look as if she can't believe Buffy admitted to it. To Lilith, it was something that was to remain unsaid, sacred even.

       Worse is that Lilith is not the only Buffy is telling this to, Spike is also in the room. Giles too if he hadn't left five seconds ago. But having Spike hear this is more than enough.

       Even chained to a bathtub, he finds it in him to gloat as he says, tone all animated, "Really? I'd like to hear it."

       "No," Lilith protests, eyes on Buffy as a silent threat.

       Buffy looks at Spike, she hasn't looked at him since she helped Giles chain him to the bathtub. Of course, Lilith would bring them together. "It's a funny story. She, heh, was in school—"

       "Enough."

       Buffy grins, like she enjoys messing with them both. "Am I talking to you? Never mind."

       To Lilith's relief, Giles arrives at the door, carrying a novelty mug with blood he heat up for Spike. At the smell of it, Spike seems to forget all about hearing his rival's death, "It's about time. Hope you got it warm enough."

       Giles hands the mug to Buffy and Buffy nears the straw to Spike's mouth. He sips from it and makes eye contact with Buffy, making her grimace.

       "I don't know why you're so dainty all of a sudden. You've done this for Angel — you must have."

       Buffy pulls the mug away from him, Spike tries to scramble for it. It's to no avail.